Warren loses half her support?

Ya that don’t help him either

As for males, I don’t care what they do. It’s not my business. So I try not to think about it. For some reason, I don’t find it nearly as unpleasant with females. And sometimes I do think of it. I must be sexist. And a hypocrite. :expressionless:

TMI

Sorry. I believe in transparency.

Biden has one thing going for him at this moment. He has a huge lead with the Black vote. And that is something that isn’t ignored.

He’s done. He can’t come back from this. And Bloomberg is going to take half his votes.

They won’t turn out for Biden.

Agreed. The dems can’t hide from this forever. Sooner or later their media allies won’t be able to cover for him. This is going to get worse for Joe before it gets better. Going after Trump seems to be biting the dems in the ass.

Nah- he will win South Carolina handily. And then all eyes will be on Super Tuesday: He’s ahead in most of those states: Again, I wish you were right.

To come back he’d actually have to be behind. He’s still doing fine.

South Carolina is meaningless and has been since 1860.

He’s done. The DNC isn’t going to choose him to run against Trump.

1 Like

I think we’d have to see one of the two lefties- warren or Sanders- drop out. Or we’d have to see a massive jump in polling for Buttigieg. I doubt it but Buttigieg winning Iowa would give him a huge boost.

I won’t try and predict who would win between Trump and Biden but it’s obvious to anyone paying attention there is no enthusiasm for Biden, no fundraising, no crowds.

Regardless of what republicans thought of Hillary she was a fund raising beast. Biden on the other hand looks dazed and confused at the debates as if in his head he is thinking “As soon as this over I am going to get my sniff on”. At least Bootygel looks coherent, he might be your guys best bet but you will have to be willing to sacrifice some of the African American vote.

Can you link to any polling data for Super Tuesday that supports your claim?

No. Polls are useless. The DNC picks the candidate, not you.

1 Like

For a centrist I’d pick Buttigieg over Biden any day. For a Lefty I’d pick Warren. I agree Biden does not help with enthusiasm but he is a better candidate than Hillary by far.

How? An 80 year-old creepy white male from a slave state that’s been in DC since what? 1972? And who said poor kids can do as good as white kids? That doesn’t know where he is half the time? That’s in Ukraine up to his neck?

Hell, you should vote for Trump. He’s not from a slave state.

1 Like

My guess based on polling for Super Tuesday…

Alabama: Biden
Arkansas: Biden
California: Biden
Colorado: ?
Democrats Abroad: Biden
Maine: ?
Massachusetts: Warren
Minnesota: Biden
North Carolina: Biden
Oklahoma: Biden
Tennessee: Biden
Texas: Biden
Utah: Biden
Vermont: Sanders
Virginia: Biden

Really the only question is if wins by Buttigieg in Iowa and maybe New Hampshire change the course of the election. Will they make Buttigieg seem viable enough to change the polling in Super Tuesday states? I doubt it.

The Black vote is a considerable force in the Democratic primaries, which is why Biden is doing well in SC. The primary itself doesn’t lend a strong predictor to the eventual winner, but since 1992 only two eventual overall winners lost SC. One year Jesse Jackson won, one year John Edwards did.

But Super Tuesday has a lot of Southern states and those states have more Black voters.

Why won’t Black voters vote for Buttigieg? Two possible reasons.

1. They want to vote for a winner. In 2008 Black support was clearly in favor of HRC, Obama was an unknown. It wasn’t until he won Iowa that the Black vote switched, almost overnight. They sensed he could win and they shifted. This is a reason why they are sticking with Biden for the time being, he is strong in the Midwest and the Midwest is the key to 2020.

2. They don’t like gay people? At least at the polls. Prop 8 in California passed in 2008, making marriage only between one man and one woman. It was the same year that Blacks voted in historic numbers for BHO. He won California in a landslide but Prop 8, which was heavily opposed by the Dems, also won. Why? 70 percent of Black voters voted for it. Between Black churches and the Mormons pumping money into ad buys in the state, Prop 8 passed.

Maybe times have changed and attitudes adjusted, but from what I see in how Buttigieg connects with Black voters, it doesn’t appear to change too much.