War on free speech continues - James Woods suspended on Twitter for posting fun meme šŸ˜ 

You miss my ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  point. If I said what finds said. Iā€™d be gone. I use Twitter to follow sports. I donā€™t respond much. But itā€™s how I get up to date fantasy football news. My point is there is a double standard. And thatā€™s not right. Especially when it comes to Attacking a presidents child. Be it Barron or Sasha or Malia.

Iā€™m not talking about choosing sides. Find a violated terms of service and they turn a blind eye. Woods does not and they lock his account. Rules are arbitrary?

I donā€™t like the double standard in which the rules are applied at Hannity Forums. It might not be fair, but it is Hannityā€™s forum and it is his right to enforce the rules however he wants.

2 Likes

They can be yes.

What is the recourse? Sue because a company wonā€™t allow you to use the service that they provide for free?

Life is unfair.

Itā€™s not really possible to enforce the rules equally amongst 250+ million accounts.

In 15 years of posting hereā€¦i feel the TOS are pretty fairly applied across the board. If you donā€™t like it leave Hannity right?

Seriously. One of my posts was recently deleted when I compared Trump to a character in a famous gangster movie.

Iā€™ve only been here 10 years, but I can assure you the rules are not fairly applied. Especially lately.

But yes. If I donā€™t like it, iā€™m free to leave Hannity Forums.

1 Like

So your saying no one reported Fondaā€™s tweet to Twitter?

There is zero evidence the account was ever locked.

Heā€™s been posting on it regularly since the supposed incident and as far as I can tell, never confirmed this story.

Ask yourself why this story came out in just a couple of far right blogs just a day or so agoā€¦a couple months after the supposed ā€œlockingā€.

And if all though people said the sky is green would that make it true?

Iā€™m saying they get millions of reports.

They donā€™t have the staff to go through it all, so they use automation. Automated moderation tends to be very exploitable.

See the same problems in youtube video moderation as well. Thereā€™s way way way too much for people to sort by hand, so you get a very flawed, non-transparent and easily exploitabe system instead.

The thing that I find funny about the CEC going ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  over the perceived unfairness of web services that are offered for free fought for years to muddy the waters about Net Neutrality which is something that people actually pay money for.

One gets calls for regulation while regulating he other is lib tyranny.

It is kinda funny.

5 Likes

The government did not infringe anyoneā€™s free speech.

If the OP story even happened.

They did, and he deleted it and apologized for it the same day.

He got reported to the Secret Service, for crying out loud.

And againā€¦there is zero evidence Woods was ever locked out of his Twitter.

Heā€™s been posting on it regularly since the supposed incident and has never confirmed he was locked out.

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ifnorance is Strength

Some people are sayingā€¦

Woods account linked here only goes back to Sep. 2. Whatā€™s that tell you?

People calling Twitter and Facebook a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā€œpublic utilityā€, you are insaneā€¦

Good to know. Iā€™m glad you cleared that up. I was just going to Google that myself. My mistake for reading the full article and believing it.

Boy do I feel stupid!