WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 2)

Russian is a nationality, not an ethnic group. Ukranian citizens who speak Russian are not ethnically Russian, They’re Ukranian Slavs.

1 Like

Russian language
Russian culture
Russian heritage
Russian ancestry
Equals
Russian ethnicity

Obama loves you.

The total number of civilians killed and wounded in the cluster munition attacks that Human Rights Watch examined is most likely greater. Russian forces took many injured civilians to Russia for medical care and many had not returned when Human Rights Watch visited. An ambulance driver said he and his colleagues had regularly transported and treated civilians, including children, with cluster munition injuries during the Russian occupation. He estimated that he took at least one such case to the hospital every day.

no it doesn’t and no amount of trying to redefine what an ethnic group is to fit your narrative will make it so. There is no such thing as ethnic Russians.

1 Like

and as human rights watch said, before 2022 they don’t know who fired those munitions. They confirm 8 deaths cause by munitions known to be fired by Ukraine.

a story from 2022 doesn’t prove anything that happened before 20222

Ukraine has not said any such thing

US war propaganda keeps repeating the same lies. In many cases, the same cast of characters are pushing the same kind of propaganda that they did for Iraq and Libya.

If we cared a whit about the lives of Ukrainians we would not be using a puppet government to drag Ukrainian men off the streets and send them to their deaths in suicidal attacks to meet NATO expectations.

And you keep repeating the Russian propaganda lies. Neither side can be relied on for the truth, but there is no indication that Russia is defeating Ukraine. There are plenty of independent news sources on the ground, and they do not report your optimism for a NATO defeat, humiliating or otherwise.

1 Like

What is clear is that it is a stalemate and ripe for a negotiated settlement.

Russia will hold some former Ukraine territory and there is nothing Ukraine can do about it, no matter how long the fight continues.

2 Likes

I mostly agree. The New York Times relied more on western military officials and military analysists than on Ukrainian sources.

The article cites “American and European officials” and interviews with Ukrainian soldiers. It also quotes Oryx, a Dutch site run by veterans of Bellingcat, and a journalist at Janes, a British military publication.

The Times article also included this photo from the Russian MOD showing destroyed Leopard tanks and Bradley fighting vehicles. That amounts to an admission that the Russian photo is accurate.

The title of the Times article claims that “Ukrainians paused to rethink strategy”. The reality may be that the Pentagon and the White House are really the ones rethinking the strategy as the reality of the failed offensive sinks in.

1 Like

What failed offensive? There is n failed offensive, there is an ongoing offensive action.

And yes, they’ve lost some vehicles, so has Russia, Russia in fact, has lost more. or at least the ones that can be visually confirmed show Russia losing more. about 3/1

I see one Leopard tank with no apparent damage, three destroyed Bradleys, three lightly damaged Bradleys and a couple of unidentified damaged or destroyed vehicles out of frame. What’s the big deal? It’s a war. Stuff gets damaged and destroyed.

Ha! Hilarious! You all got the new approved narrative, didn’t you? I just counted 22 new identical headlines on a Google search about the counteroffensive that said…exactly the same words

:speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head:
“Ukraine counteroffensive against Russia slower by design

You all could at least try to make it believable. Maybe change a word or two? :rofl:

odd, i said no such thing, maybe if you’re going to tell lies about what people say, it should be someone who’s not here.

Which side are you on?

I know my answer. Could it be any clearer? This is Hillary Clinton.

She helped Obama orchestrate the bloody coup in Kiev 2014, which led to murderous bloodshed in Eastern Ukraine and the subsequent war there. Defend them all you want by trying to shift blame to Ukraine’s neighbor. I won’t. I know what side I’m on.
This woman created “tech camps” using NGOs funded by the State Department to perform subversive activities that decades earlier would have been the purview of the CIA. This was known and revealed by good Ukrainian leaders in an elected government.

RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA was the pied piper’s tune when he led many good little cold war warriors to follow him. They play together now with progressive liberals in the magical fields of globalism. See 1:20 to 1:42 of the Clinton interview above for proof that these people are globalists… believing that - in spite of individual nation sovereignty- that THEY are the gods building “global stability”. The arrogance of the leaders and the naiveté of the followers of that side of the geopolitical divide reek of the stench of death.

I don’t base my support for a policy on who else either supports or doesn’t support it. Maybe you do.

Why are they so grouped up like this?

What was the tactic for doing so?

There’s not one, that was not all from one battle. And since that one Ukraine has changed their tactics to preserve the equipment they need when/if they decide to launch the main offensive.

1 Like

3 Likes

When I saw that, didn’t understand why they were moving in a tight formation.

Not expert nor pretend to be one…just had to ask.