WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 2)

I may be of Ukrainian descent, but personally I prefer Lebanese food . . .

Of course, Lebanon and Ukraine have similar experiences with getting caught in the crossfire of proxy wars.

If only Ukraine would surrender, then they wouldnā€™t get killed so much.

1 Like

The defeat of the Ukrainian government is inevitable at this point. The question is how many more Ukrainians will die in order to support Washingtonā€™s stated goal of weakening Russia as much as possible.

The war in Vietnam could have ended in 1956 if the US had supported the Geneva accords that required nationwide elections and reunification of the country. Instead the war continued for another 19 years before South Vietnam surrendered.

Were the people of South Vietnam better off as a result?

Were the American conscripts who fought in the war better off?

I know you meant it in a Zekensky-worship sense butā€¦ for those not blinded by love of the high heeled cross dressing comedianā€¦

How much humanity and decency does a nationā€™s leader have to have before they actually do thatā€¦ surrender to save their people? Even the extremely brutal diehard Japanese surrendered in WW2 to prevent the annihilation of its people. But I guess Zekensky hasnt enough money yet for that island he wants to buy. It would be interesting to track how many Ukrainian deaths it takes for each million Zelensky pockets.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason so many of the dem presidential candidates are now heads of federal agencies. Those were bribes to get out the race, so Bernieā€™s would not winā€¦ Itā€™s also perfect that you donā€™t know any of thisā€¦

You will get the Candidate the DNC picks. Which is one reason they wonā€™t hold debates.

Or by love for strong leaders who stand up to those evil perverts

I wonder how much of a generation of men (on which Russia is short to begin with) Putin is willing to sacrifice to pretend to be a great emperor

Zelensky ran as a peace candidate. Instead, he has sold out to NATO and its allies in Azov and similar organizations.

As far as Russian losses, they are tiny compared to Ukrainian losses when the difference in population is considered. Ukraineā€™s remaining population given the loss of territory and the millions of refugees who have left Ukraine is about 20 million. The population of Russia is about 150 million when annexed territory and refugees from Ukraine are considered.

Equal numbers of casualties means that Ukraine runs out of troops long before Russia. The best evidence is that Ukrainian KIA far outnumber Russian KIA, so the situation is even worse for Ukraine.

The Union won a war of attrition the Confederacy even though number of casualties were about equal. A key difference was that the non-slave population of the Union was about 3.5 times that of the Confederacy. By comparison Russia enjoys about a 7 to 1 population advantage in the current war.

Size matters in a war attrition, and Kyivā€™s outlook is a lot like Richmondā€™s in 1865.

It could be a sarcastic line from the play ā€œWe Were Progsā€.

Progs hate strength. Strength doesnā€™t need progs.

I love it when progs bandy the word ā€œstrongmanā€ about as though it is a disparaging epithet. Come onā€¦ post the wordā€¦ for me. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Mmmmā€¦we are 467 days in. You really still believe that?

It took four years to defeat the Confederacy, but after Gettysburg there was little doubt to the outcome. A war of attrition destroyed Confederate forces to the point where the Union army could occupy the South without risk of a large-scale insurgency.

A similar scenario exists in Ukraine. The Soviet Army fought a bitter guerrilla war against the UPA in the Carpathian Mountains at the end of WW2. NATO would love to see a similar insurgency, which could be easily supplied from bordering NATO countries.

It makes sense that Russia would want to kill a possible insurgency in Donbass rather than advance rapidly westward.

What about condemning Russian attacks on Russian civilian targets? Plenty more of them to condemn.

The US government has been more than happy to condemn Russian attacks on civilian targetsā€“real and imagined.

thats some funny ā– ā– ā– ā–  there!

He is sooo dreamy.

Thanks for the honesty!

Hahaha the cocaine addicted president

Are you even trying anymore?

How many Ukrainian civilians have been killed by Russia (many by execution) compared to Russian civilians killed by Ukraine (allegedly) inside Russia? Where is your condemnation of that terrorism?

1 Like

Well, after the initial retribution killings, rapes and pillages are over.

Oooh Iā€™d forgotten about that. Might take a while before the killings are over thenā€¦even with a surrender.

Interesting ā€¦

Here is what you were saying a year ago:

1 Like