WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 2)

I suspect that the number of actual Russian citizens involved in the failed Belgorod raid was small, and most of the force came from Ukraine and Poland.

A Polish group is now bragging about its participation. The incident smells of a UK and/or US intelligence operation–Bay of Pigs 2.0.

Or is Blinken really implying that NATO is already fighting in Ukraine?

Only problem is that would give Russia an excuse to actually escalate to chemical weapons.

Which the Ukrainians nor anyone else certainly wants.

It’s best that they focus on retaking their territory and destroying the Russian military in Ukraine. They’re already doing a good job at it. Don’t fix what ain’t broken.

I hear that- I am not in favor of Ukraine actually occupying Russian territory for any period of time…but perhaps using undefended Russian territory for a gateway back into Ukraine- perhaps only pushing troops through for a few days to bypass front line defenses.

Its either that or mass casualty attacks directly along the front line. Anyways, I assume you are right tho- it leads to unknown unknowns.

I assume you are right- numbering in the hundreds and maybe upwards of a thousand. They continue to harass the border. Today they took Russian soldiers as POWs.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-strike-kills-ukrainian-child-wounds-several-more-9b86289b?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Expect more terrorist attacks and raids against Russian civilians in order to distract from the loss of Bakhmut.

If a Syrian group used a drone to hit a New York apartment house in retaliation for US occupation of Syria, it would be terrorism. If a Ukrainian group hits a Moscow apartment house, it is a glorious and brave.

See the difference?

They are not terrorist attacks they are defensive actions against a war adversary

Calling them terrorist attacks diminishes their purpose.

do you mean the so far successful libeeration of Russian towns in Belgorad? The Governor of Belgorad has now agreed to meet with the Russian liberators. Pretty sure its a prisoner exchange.

What is it when Russians shell their own towns? With phosphorous

They put out a statement. Polish speaking people in Belgorad have been oppressed long enough!

If they actually hit military targets, then they might be able to make that case.

Of course, that would mean that the 9-11 attack on the Pentagon was a “defensive action against a war adversary”. The World Trade Center buildings housed communications and electrical equipment that could make them a “military target” according to the standards that the US used in Serbia and Iraq.

https://investor.conedison.com/news-releases/news-release-details/con-edison-marks-opening-electrical-substation-7-world-trade

https://www.911memorial.org/connect/blog/remembering-donald-difranco-broadcast-engineer

Glad to see many dimocrats and repubics can agree on the proxy war.

Hey Bil,l you know one man’s terririst is another man’s freedom fighter.

Maybe i should say one (select the appropriate pronoun) terrorist is another (select the apporoproate pronoun) freedom fighter.

That way i will not offend anyone.

I am opposed to funding an EU proxy war.

1 Like

Yes, there is a significant difference. When two adjoining countries are at war with one having been invaded by the other, it cannot be considered terrorism when the invaded country conducts cross border operations inside the country of the invader. If that is terrorism, then so is the initial invasion.

And the hyperbole in your example doesn’t help either. The 8-900 US forces in Syria do not occupy the country, they occupy one little corner of the country and they are not engaged in military operations against the Syrian armed forces. The “Syrian Group” they are deterring (who might retaliate in NY,) are terrorists (by International decree) and do not operate under the auspices of the Syrian government. Your scenario simply does not hold water.

3 Likes

Thank you for putting it much better than i did.

In new developements, Wagner captured the commander of a Unit that attacked Wagner durring retreat. The Unit mined the road and fired artillery at them destroying their truck. The Russian commander was drunk and is now in Wagner’s control. Perhaps they will contact the Russian MOD for a prisoner exchange.

The Russian civil war continues!

Meanwhile, the Ukranian armed forces have taken back some area in Southern Bakhmut, and 2 or 3 towns in Zaphorizia.

Oh, and more area of the Republic of Belgorad has been liberated. Both Wagner and Akmat (Kadyrov) have volunteered to move thier armies to Belgorad to defeat the Russian rebel forces. Which apparently the regular Russian forces seem unable to do.

Hmmmmm. Can I translate that as " God damn Russia… chickens coming home to roost" ??

1 Like

Yes, there are big differences. Americans believe that only the US is free to invade its neighbors and only the US is free to intervene in conflicts on the other side of the world.

The same people who have been leading the charge to escalate the NATO war against Russia are pushing for a US invasion of Mexico. In the case of Mexico, failure to enforce drug laws to American standards is considered sufficient provocation for an invasion. On the other hand in Ukraine, overthrowing the elected government and killing thousands of ethnic Russians on Russia’s border are not “provocations”. See the difference?

As far as the ongoing US invasion of Syria, most of the fighting has been done by US-backed proxies combined with air strikes and US-funded “contractors”. The US armed Islamic extremist groups that later formed ISIS in its efforts to overthrow the Assad government. Now Washington is using ISIS as a pretext to control the vast majority of the oil fields and large portion of the wheat crops while continuing to build new bases.

The failure of the US to condemn Ukrainian attacks on Russian civilian targets is tacit approval of terrorism.

Oleksiy Arestovych, Zelensky’s advisor, in a 2019 CNN interview:

“. . . the price of our entry into NATO will be a major war with Russia. . .the most critical years are 2020 to 2022 . . .”

Kyiv and Washington planned the start of the “unprovoked” war years in advance as the path to NATO membership.

The current problem is that the most of Ukrainian forces have been destroyed and NATO is running out of weapons to send to the war. The continued push for NATO membership simply supports Russian voices who believe that elimination of the Kyiv regime is the only viable solution.

NATO efforts now appear to be to ramp up Ukrainian attacks against Russia as a way of distracting from catastrophic Ukrainian losses.

But I have had some tasty Ukrainian cabbage soup. Those Ukrainians aren’t entirely useless on their own.

1 Like