WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Sometime one does not see because one does not seek.

And in any event, Russia has showed no signs of wanting to truly negotiate. They are looking for more gains in the South and East and licking their wounds from getting spanked near Kyiv.

This will be over when Putin decides he can get no more territory and that the costs are too high.

Biden and the West have played this about as well as possible. No direct conflict with Russia leading to WW III, massive Russian sanctions and lots of arms, money and support flowing into Ukraine, which has helped stop Russia from taking over all of Ukraine.

Russia has been outed as a third rate military that only looks strong because of nukes. Putin and his brand of totalitarian genocidal fascism has also been revealed.

Hope Ukraine can push Russia completely out, but barring that, make their territorial concessions minimal and get long term security guarantees from the West.

1 Like

We have discussed this before.

eye-roll-emoji

(This is a short version of a long nameā€¦ )

Soā€¦yes? That is how you hear it in your head?

See I was right!

Putin DOES deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

Heā€™s just trying to rid the world of Nazis.

Ukraine and the West ought to be grateful to him for his strong leadership.

Once he levels Ukraine to the ground a new paradise will open up on earth.

Gotta break some eggs to make an omeletteā€¦

1 Like

I do not understand your notion.

That is a long stretch, Mr. Jay. But if you think you are right, it is still a free country, to believe whatever notions you want. This is a free notion society.

Thatā€™s not going to happen. Maybe some superficial sanction but thatā€™s it. Specially before election.

LOL Iā€™m not the one who called Putin ā€œa great leaderā€, nor am I the one exaggerating the ā€œNazi problemā€ in Ukraine in order to disparage the West (and particularly, Zelensky and Biden) and absolve Putin.

:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s your problem, it isnā€™t a notion, but a question. Here, try again:

the sanctions are weak, they are not even tier 2 never mind tier 3. His chest thumping has been counter productive throughout. He cut off lethal aid to Ukraine in Jun 2021 and didnā€™t restart it until after the invasion, while thumping his chest about killer sanctions that so far are weak imitations of sanctions with teeth. He didnā€™t even stop buying Russian oil until weeks after the invasion, and has made no moves to stop anyone else from buying it.

I did not say Punkin Putin is a great leader. I think Zskyy is using his citizens as pawns

Sounds a little defensive, Mr. Pig .

ā€œNegotiatingā€ may be what the media is calling it, but term is ā€œsue for peace.ā€ It is usually initiated by the losing party in an attempt to stave off an unconditional surrender. I guess we will see how interested Putin is in cutting his losses by taking the win rather than getting even with Zelensky for having the hutzpah to fight rather than flee, by destroying the whole country and killing as many civilians as he can.

1 Like

I donā€™t follow you there. Are you saying that Zelensky should have never put up a fight and just let the Russians take over?

Yeah he kinda is. Many conservatives here are saying that- adding horrific apologias for Putinā€™s unilateral invasion using the same gaslighting arguments of Putin that Ukraine is filled with Nazis, that Ukraine made Russia do it by flirting with joining NATO, etc.

And others are saying we should never ever help the Ukrainians with their fight against Russia. That it would be better if Ukraine surrendered immediately to ā€œsave livesā€ etc. I am wondering what they would think if a foreign country attacked America and leveled a city the size of Minneapolis. Surrender?

I wonder why you are being so coy?

Anyway, whatevs. Thatā€™s how I hear it, was just wondering.

P.S.-ā€˜defensiveā€™ makes no sense in the context of this conversation. The word you were looking for was ā€˜curiousā€™.

My badā€¦you called him a ā€œreal leaderā€.

:rofl: :rofl:

And you are seriously blaming Zelensky more than Putin for whatā€™s happening in Ukraine, which is just bonkers.

You actually are lending credence to the idea that a) neo-Nazis rule his government and b) Ukraine and the West are doing false flags.

Many? I can only think of two that might fit that description.