Walmart to close ALL Portland stores in March

Speculation is that the decision is related to shoplifting.

It may get even better in Oregon. Their legislature is considering a bill to give the homeless $1,000 a month, no strings attached. Of course this could attract some of the California homeless to Oregon.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/28/oregon-bill-would-pay-homeless-1000-per-month/

1 Like

“Some have questioned, however, if the decision came about as the result of rampant shoplifting.”

Then they include a social media post by Andy Ngo.

lol

4 Likes

more examples of leftism ruining society.

only accelerates

2 Likes

Portland’s downtown district has lost a net 2,692 businesses since 2019. Portland has more than enough population to support 2 Walmarts,

1 Like

I lived in NW Arkansas for 17 years in the town next to the town where WalMart corporate was. My Daughter works for corporate legal and I have friends who work for corporate. And originally being from Silicon Valley I am aware of the steps many cities and counties in California to keep WalMart out of their areas. Once upon a time I was visiting Silicon Valley and went to one of the few WalMart stores built in San Jose. And I was not surprised to see how it was built to be bulldozed. A good friend of mine lives in Portland (he is also from Silicon Valley). And he told me that there are a â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  of California folks who have moved to Oregon. I can believe it when they say the closures is due to under performing. WalMart is pretty well shot on the west coast.

1 Like

I really am enjoying this premise that Walmart is - or at least is representative of - society.

2 Likes

A Walmart? :rofl:

1 Like

There are three Walmart Stores in Portland … two are closing.

The article made the distinction of the last two in the city limits closing while there are a dozen in the greater metro…suburban…Portland market.

Makes it more challenging for the drug addled shoplifters to get to the other locations.

It isn’t good news no matter how its spun.

3 Likes

One second…think about this…come back…

Why do you think it is?

What stores do west coast people use?

2 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch.

1 Like

We know why it is. Walmart told us.

1 Like

Why are they “not meeting financial expectations”?

Go ask Walmart.

i didnt say it was

have fun!

At Walmart.

Maybe it’s something like a negative $950.00 transaction per person that comes into the store? Oh wait…that’s the other sanctuary of California…where Walgreens is leaving for a similar reason. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: