Walmart shooting

The subway stabbing in China comes to mind. What was it like 27 killed?

Again, no one is saying that gun violence is unique to the US but among first world nations what is unique is the regularity of gun violence and mass shootings in the US.

Or in other words, if a gun is not used in the commission of a violent crime the violence doesn’t matter. Great thinking there bub.

That is the greatest non sequitur I have read on this forum. If you want to start a thread that speaks to the general level of violence and methods used in contemporary USA I am sure that there will be many posters willing to participate in the discussion. Under no circumstances have I implicitly or explicitly stated that the only type of violence that can exist is one involving a gun.

With the greatest of respect possible I will remind you that it is my belief that personal abuse is not within the ToS of this site. As such, I would counsel you to be mindful of same when you address posts to me or indeed any poster on this forum.

1 Like

I love it when you talk dirty. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do understand the TV programme Number 96, that was shown on free to air television in Australia in the 1970s, would still not be allowed to be shown on free to air in the USA even now. Even that doesn’t help me understand what you mean by “talk dirty”; but I do hope you don’t run foul of the moderators and incur the wrath (rhymes with broth) of same.

I have tried to help you understand since the first time I read one of your posts in the old Forum. Sorry, but I gave up on that as a lost cause quite a while ago. You’re on your own. :neutral_face:

My oh my. It would appear that I ought to be, though I am not, devastated.

But, sorry to say, you are still in the dark.

Actually it is quite sunny (max of 24) today even though it is our winter.

Please remember it is gun violence

What is common to all in the list below?

Bar
Home
Office
Airport
Temple
Church
College
Mosque
Concert
Hospital
Nightclub
Newsroom
Pre-school
Synagogue
Yoga studio
High school
City building
Military base
Bowling alley
Street corner
Movie theater
Political event
Middle school
Elementary school
Gilroy garlic festival

Ten million people a year in this country experience domestic violence. We should ban relationships.

Unarmed victims and a bat ■■■■ crazy person.

You’re even in the dark about being in the dark. :stuck_out_tongue:

And there is no such thing. It’s violence involving the use of a gun. The key word is violence, not gun.

1 Like

Well if by home, you mean your home, they are all gun-free zones.

That you continue to assert that guns is not an integral part speaks volumes. It is an an absolute nonsense to divorce guns from this discussion.

Incorrect answer; try again.

I have never made such an assertion. That would be like saying that a blade is not integral to a stabbing or water to a drowning or gravity to a deadly fall. What I am saying … and I know that you know this … is that a gun does not cause violence, nor does it commit violence. There simply is no such thing as “gun violence” anymore than there is water violence or gravity violence. It is a made up term meant to only evoke negative emotions aimed at guns. Period.

You concede that the gun is integral to shootings. Therefore, it is gun violence.

QED.

So if I throw someone off a building it is gravity violence.

If I hold somebody’s head underwater it is water violence.

If I beat someone to death with a rock it is geology violence.

Got it.

1 Like