Walmart shooting

Is there a death penalty in Mississippi?
Therein perhaps lies the solution to a host of problems.
In the by gone times murder got you the hangman’s noose, ole Sparky or a whiff of cyanide gas. But we have moved on with “civility” and up in violence.
No deterrent- more crime.

Crazy people don’t respond to deference.

Walmart fired the shooter so he came back and punished his fellow employees.

It is a furphy to suggest that capital punishment is a deterrent.

Really? Can you name one murderer who committed another murder after capital punishment was applied?

1 Like

Lemme guess…that’s different…amirite? :sunglasses:

If you think that is what is meant by a deterrent good luck to you.

And March 15th, 2019 was just another day in New Zealand until an Australian went crazy.

1 Like

Do you honestly think that people think “hey, I’ll only spend the rest of my life in prison” just before they pull the trigger?

Oh, and there is a death penalty in MS.

1 Like

Just to put this incident in perspective:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Just a Typo and you know it.

And your response is exactly why the causes of excessive gun violence will never be addressed.

The reason why it made such big news across the globe was because it was such an anomoly for violence on such a scale to happen in New Zealand. Get back to me when acts of mass violence start occurring with the same regularity as they do in the US.

How’s their gun buy back going again? 700 or so turned in?

Out of like 3 million?

Gun control has killed millions and enslaved billions of people…

1 Like

Where did I extoll the virtues of a buy back program? In fact where did I say firearms should be restricted?

Reading is fundamental. The premise of my posts is that we need to have a wider discussion and research into the causes of gun violence. What is it about American society and culture that leads to a propensity for shootings in schools, workplaces and other public places?

No, the reason it was big news is because of body count and mosques.

Gun control is racist.

It’s not “gun violence” it’s just violence.

1 Like

I have to agree with Sneaky here.

It’s not gun violence… violence in general is the problem. And here’s the reasoning for making that distinction.

Numerically guns cant be the cause. The number of households that own guns has gone down per capita than in the gun hay day history like in the 50s. There are more guns now percentage wise… but they are in fewer hands than before. So guns are actually less prevalent than they used to be.

Yet shootings per capita have increased.

That means something else has changed and it’s not the prevalence of guns that is causing the issue.

Research what is causing people to in general to be more violent than in the past and we will be on our way to a solution. But the gun itself can’t be the issue.

2 Likes

Good post and yes all reasons and explanations have to be explored. Thats what I have been saying.