Walmart cracks down on guns

I’m sorry. But it definitely will. Our sun will die.

I have a cat that has 9 lives. Does that count?

tomorrow??? :pleading_face:

My Lord no. Maybe a billion years, maybe less.

C’mon, conan. Admit it. You love their cheap-o foreign-made clothes and how they undercut all the bigger liberal owned businesses.

If only you were as much of a tech nerd… :nerd_face:

Yeeeaaaaa!!!:grin::beer::tropical_drink::cocktail::beers::wine_glass::champagne:

Are you saying I got it wrong?

Doubt we’ll ever get to category 12 specification for Ethernet cables. We’re at 7 now, with wireless transmission taking over the networking space Ethernet used to occupy.

1 Like

Very surprised and glad to see what Walmart has done. Not a big fan of Walmart because of their union-busting tactics, but they’re smart to protect their customers. Wonder if President Orange Menace will tweet he likes this. (Ya think Ol’ Richie Rich patronizes them? Nah …)

Cat5 E

When you lost WalMart, what else is left ?

Also, Walmart is lobbying Congress and White House to enact gun control:

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon used a memo to announce the open carry ban: “We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results. We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates.”

McMillon said that after talking to people “inside and outside of [Walmart]” the company has also decided to send “letters to the White House” to ask for “common sense measures” on firearms. He said, “Congress and the administration should act.”

So we won’t see adding 5 more whatever’s to the Ethernet Category to make a Cat 12 Ethernet Cable. That is sad for the Ethernet. To have it’s role taken over by cable-less internet. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yea, I got nothing for this.

From Beto O’Rourke on Twitter.

This is a step in the right direction—and I'm grateful Walmart has taken action—but we can't rely on corporations to stop gun violence. We need universal background checks, we need red flag laws, and we need to buy back every single assault weapon. https://t.co/m8fr3qzZcx

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 3, 2019
1 Like

Yes, they can.

People always agree with actions when they approve of the result.

Certain people would however scream if they stopped selling something they felt was their “right” to have. Or refused to do business with certain people/manufacturers because they didn’t like the legal product they sold.

I put the word right in quotes because it has become quite clear some people no longer understand what a right is.

Biglots.

1 Like

Well what did they add to a CAT 5 cable to get to CAT 7 that they currently use. Add 5 more of those and you get a CAT 12. It’s really simple if you think about it. And even if you don’t!

1 Like

Nice tweet.

Calm down, Conservatives. Just pretend Walmart is denying you service because you’re an ammosexual. https://t.co/6FHb2Mc6Li

— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) September 3, 2019
2 Likes