Voting by mail or online, why not?

There is no way I’m linking her name to this forum. No chance. Nobody does that.

You’re thinking too small. I’d say 70%.

Like Donald trump, Chris Christie, Mike Lee, rand Paul, Ron Johnson , Tom Tillis et al.

Slightly better chance than getting hit by a meteorite.

Why chance it when other safer alternatives are available.

I dropped mine into the mail already.

Allan

How do we know?

Where is the link.

Allan

The chances of getting hit by an asteroid increase when you go to the asteroid belt. Moral of the story: Don’t hang around anti-maskers.

“Never tell me the odds”.
— Han Solo

2 Likes

The mail in vote isn’t about the virus. It is about the opportunities to cheat for the dems.

Most people aren’t so scared of the virus these days. Things are pretty much back to normal in these parts.

2 Likes

It’s super easy to screen shot the post without revealing who made it.

In a photo posted to social media last week, a young man wearing a mask with Orange County congressional candidate Michelle Steel’s name on it is holding a mail ballot and giving a thumbs up next to a box about the size of a file cabinet labeled “Official ballot drop off box.”

The post, from Jordan Tygh, a regional field director for the California Republican Party, encouraged people to message him for “convenient locations” to drop their own ballots.

The problem is the drop box in the photo is not official – and it could be against the law.

Yeah these are popping up all over, Republicans setting up fake ballot drop boxes, presumably so they can go through the ballots and toss the ones they don’t like.

1 Like

“Operating unofficial ballot drop boxes – especially those misrepresented as official drop boxes – is not just misleading to voters, it’s a violation of state law,” Padilla said, with a felony conviction carrying a prison sentence of two to four years.

From the linked article.
Under the principle of law and order, anyone setting up fraudulent ballot drop boxes which interfere with the election process should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

I’m actually heading to vote early in person today since I have the day off. I have no objection to the absentee ballot voting, and think it is a really good idea this year. My two reasons for doing it this way are:

1. With some of the games Trump is playing with the election, I don’t want to take any chances on him launching some off the wall lawsuit on GA’s absentee ballots that delays my vote being tabulated.
  2. I live in an area where the crowds aren’t usually very bad for early voting, and will have a ask, so it should be reasonably safe.

republicans accusing others of cheating are once again broadcasting the actions their party does…

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/12/california-illegal-ballot-boxes/

Right out in the open. Governor Newsom? Hello?

Is this the ballot harvesting Trump is concerned about?

1 Like

What kind of cheating?

I got my ballot via mail. Put it in back in mail and it will be counted.

Allan

1 Like

Nice photoshop.

Here is my ballot info

Mail-in Ballot History

11/03/2020

GENERAL ELECTION

Ballot request type

Single Election

Request received date

08/14/2020

Request status

Accepted

Request processed date

08/30/2020

Ballot issued date

10/02/2020

Ballot received date

10/09/2020

Ballot status

Recieved

Allan

1 Like

Hell no.

Not in favor of it except for deployed military, students and contract workers away from their states of residence, those physically unable to make it to their new normal polling place.

If polling stations are disinfected & spaced apart, there should be no problem showing up in person to vote.

While I personally have no issues with absentee voting, I decided to vote in person early this year. With the shenanigans that Trump is trying to pull with the election, I’m not taking any chances of my vote getting disenfranchised with one of his lawsuits