Voting by mail or online, why not?

Why don’t you look into the system used in WA?
Eleven years, 30 million ballots, 70 cases of ‘suspected’ fraud.
So far no cats either.

Good question. There should be a system in place that confirms this professional opinion.

I don’t believe in the honesty of mankind and put systems in place to help insure the honesty of mankind. It’s how I roll and all of us should be united in desiring a fraud free election.

How do we ensure those doing the confirmations aren’t committing fraud?

1 Like

Well then you should take the time to look into how WA has accomplished your desire.

1 Like

I’d have to study the issue to examine all the ways it could be corrupted before I could answer the question but I’d begin with something like a “notary seal” who witnessed the doctor sign the patient’s form.

How is Seattle faring under this leadership?

Mail-by-vote has the same minimal-to-non-existent amounts of voter fraud that all other voting methods have, as shown by the evidence from several states who have been using this method for years and years.

OK, now we’re up to using notary publics to validate the doctors’ signatures for tens of millions of people.
If someone says they’re going to be out of the country during the election, how do we verify that?

1 Like

The real estate market is one of the hottest in the country. People keep moving here.
It’s heavily liberal so most elected officials are Democrats.
Just the opposite in Eastern WA using the same voting process.

There is no logic being applied in your statement and we both know that. I give you more credibility. A physical being, present and displaying a government issued picture ID, in the locality they reside in, that can be verified by a system approved by all sides of the election…is the best way of prohibiting fraud and all of us should be united in desiring the most honest outcome possible?

Becoming a notary isn’t that difficult and could be done by the receptionist at the doctor’s office…if so desired?

There must be a system in place that all sides approve of, that confirms they’ll be out of the country.

Good. Then you can afford to go physically vote. That is good news.

How about for a person who temporarily resides in, say, Washington DC but whose home is in Florida?
Is an acceptable system in place now?

I do physically vote. I pick up my ballot in the mailbox, take it into my house, fill it out in the manner proscribed and put it back in the mailbox.
It’s exhausting but I’m willing to make the effort as a legal resident of WA.

3 Likes

If fraud existed with mail-in voting, you would be splashing it all over this thread. But you aren’t. Because there isn’t any rampant fraud with it. It is a perfectly reasonable and acceptable method of voting, with millions of votes cast over the years and accurately reflected. And during a global pandemic where we are heading towards 250,000 dead Americans by the end of the year from this deadly and highly contagious disease, vote-by-mail makes more sense now than ever.

Facts over feelings. Evidence over emotion.

Why do you think REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS are pushing vote-by-mail in their respective states? Because they know the truth. And as long as Trump and his supporters keep pushing the regurgibleeting false narrative that it is rampant with fraud, then it will depress voter turnout for Trump, while increase voter turnout for his opponent. So please, keep it up!

https://thefulcrum.us/vote-by-mail-2646306822

GOP governors, Republican election officials and prominent conservatives are increasingly pushing to expand voting by mail. They’re also forcefully rejecting Trump’s baseless claims the practice is “corrupt” because it invites fraud and foreign tampering — and helps Democrats, to boot.

“I think it’s very sad and very disappointing that with almost five months to go, the president seems to [want to] try to delegitimize the Nov. 3 election,” former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, a Republican, told NPR after Trump’s recent escalation of attacks on mail-in voting. A former Homeland Security secretary, Ridge co-chairs a new nonpartisan group, VoteSafe, formed this spring to push to expand mail-in voting and assure safe in-person voting during this pandemic-plagued election.

When the Republican National Committee recently released an error-riddled ad that suggested without evidence that voting by mail is “rigged up” to “churn out” ballots for voters with no eligibility or signature requirements, former Republican Rep. Zach Wamp of Tennessee didn’t hold back.

“Shame on you!” Wamp tweeted at RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. “I’ve been a GOP activist at every level for 40 years. This is bull crap +our party deserves better.”

The Republican governors of Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire and Ohio have all encouraged major mail-in voting expansions in response to the pandemic.

The R Street Institute, which is a conservative think tank had this to say about mail-in-voting…

Unfortunately, public discussion of absentee voting—especially on the political right—has been clouded by confusion and groundless accusations about the practice. Most notoriously, President Donald J. Trump—who has voted by mail both as a Democrat and Republican—has claimed that
expanded voting by mail will not “work out well for Republicans” and is ripe for fraud.3

However, such rhetoric is simply untrue, and conservatives should embrace the expansion of absentee voting. Voting absentee or by mail is a safe, trusted and age-old practice. Moreover, expanded access to absentee voting comports with conservative principles, which helps explain why a number of conservative state policymakers have advanced proposals to achieve it. Finally, and critically, policymakers should take note that polling data indicate very clearly that the public strongly favors expanded access to absentee voting and that its results are partisan-neutral.

Logic. Thinking for ones self based off of the available information and analysis of others. Weird concept I know. Please concoct a conspiracy theory now, and throw in some sheep noises.

1 Like

I voted by mail for 20 years in the military, never had a problem.

Also you President votes by mail.

I guess the Trump philosophy is “What is good for me is not good for the peons.” You know, the ones he called “stupid” and “Human Scum”.
.WW, PSHS

3 Likes

When you are serving in the military and away, mail in voting makes sense. Now tell me, do you believe the average person is as honest as you? Should the voting integrity of the entire nation be based on you and your honesty or that of those serving our country in the military?

Still no examples of rampant fraud with mail-in-voting states I see. It seems to me that mail-in-voting is more secure than standard voting based on the evidence you are providing us here. Maybe it should all be mail-in-voting given this. :thinking: