Virginia newspaper runs full KKK recruitment flyer on front page

So when and where was it legal to drive at 15?

No. It means you praising yourself and patting yourself on the back for being a good boy is meaningless when it is not the only difference in the situations being discussed.

Although with your other stories about being held at gun point, thrown in a cell for apparently no reason and being singled out at airports (plural), Iā€™d say you have some sort of problem that you should seek some kind of assistance with. Youā€™re doing something wrong.

1 Like

There hasnā€™t been a lynching in the US in decades which is the whole point.

The last documented lynching of a black man by KKK members occurred in Alabama in 1981.

I just did.

Both are hate groups.

Both promote division along racial lines.

The KKK preaches separatism.

BLM promotes the killing of cops.

KKK marches chanting about white superiority.

BLM marches calling for the murder of cops simply because they are wearing the uniform.

More than a dozen cops have been killed in racially motivated ambushes since BLM started preaching their hate.

O blacks have been lynched since the inception of BLM as a movement.

BLM showed to have a great deal of political influence during the last election cycle and the KKK has had no political power in decades.

BLM is a current threat, the KKK is a joke.

Zero BLM activists have been lynched by anyone.

Thatā€™s a whole lot of blather to say nothing of value.

Recorded facts:

Neighbor calls in reporting two men breaking into a home.

Police respond.

Gates refuses to identify himself and turns it into a matter of race.

Fact, Gates admitted that he and his driver had to force the stuck door to gain entry to the home.

Fact, had Gates simply identified himself as requested and required this incident would have instantly ended at that point.

The cop did exactly what he was supposed to do in responding to the call and attempting to determine if Gates actually was the homeowner.

I could care less about anything extraneous.

At that time in Texas you could get a hardship license at 15 and in NM at 14. All that was required to qualify for same was to make an acceptable declaration of need. Since I was working and driving was necessary as a part of same I qualified.

Most of the kids in farm and ranch families at the time were able to get their licenses early for the same reasons.

In Texas the current law requires a minimum age of 15 years, 6 months.

When I was younger in living in a city, I broke into my own home one night, didnā€™t have my keys. A neighbor called the cops who responded, knocked on my door and required I prove I lived there, I did so and thanked them for looking out for my house and my safety and they went on their way. Something like that most likely happens all the time.

But at least you do admit the KKK has lynched people in the past, whereas BLM has never lynched a person.

The KKK would do it again if their numbers became stronger.

Right now they are a weak group whereas BLM is a strong group.

Allan

A newspaper in a red state wouldnā€™t do that kind of thing. In red states (from my general observation from living most of my life in red, or at least reddish purple, state), the newspapers are the main vocal liberals, and they know enough not to promote the Klan.

The KKK will never get strong enough to lynch anybody again as an organization, other than what the individuals in it do. My bet is that the KKK is stronger in blue states today than in red states.

None of this is accurate.

Iā€™m shocked that you completely disregard the findings of the panel that studied this and talked to all involved to continue your completely unverified insistence that the black home owner in the situation acted like an ass and was completely in the wrong. SHOCKED I TELL YOU!!

All the same to you Rose, Iā€™m going to take the word of the panel over you and what everyone can see as your repeated slant in these situations.

Iā€™m glad your completely separate and individual situation worked out for you.

All the same to you and Rose, Iā€™m going to take the word of the independent panel of experts that actual reviewed this individual and specific situation and got to talk to those involved over you two.

By the way when the cops knocked on your door, was it a white or black man that opened it for them?

Point being, there is no earthly reason to be offended if a cop shows up, putting his safety on the line, to protect your property after getting a call that it is being or has been broken into, you owe him a thank you, not indignation for daring to do the job heā€™s paid to do. If I could understand that at the ripe old age of 25 Gates should have been able to figure it out.

Once again, I find myself shocked that without benefit of having been there you absolutely conclude that from the moment the black home owner opened his door he was obviously indignant, irrational, aka an ass and the officer was completely professional and in no way shape or form could have possibly through his attitude or demeanor done anything to create an unnecessary problem. SHOCKED I SAY!

Even in the face of the report on the incident that clearly says both parties were to blame for the escalation, you from your vast experience in these types of situations are able to state with certainty to all who will listen, that the black home owner was clearly the problem.

I AM SHOCKED!

Just livinā€™ a full life with lots of adventure. One is bound to encounter police in such a life and those of us who respect them during the encounter generally go on our merry way after the short encounter.

Thatā€™s the differenceā€¦ not the color of skin.

With all the people being successfully sued for refusing to bake a cake, because they disagreed with the lifestyle choices. Iā€™m wondering, would the KKK have a legitimate chance to win a lawsuit, to sue the newspaper for refusing to run their ad?

Sure you do, if you didnā€™t have them, historical events would be lost in time and people wouldnā€™t remember them, or alter them into myths

Because we live in a police state.