Virginia Governor Orders Mask Mandate

I do. I rarely leave the house, and when I do go to the store, I wear a bandana tied over my face as a mask.

Thankfully, neither my wife nor I have shown any symptoms, at any point.

She works in the post-partum ward - new babies from hour 2 to hour 36-72, depending on how the delivery was performed. There have been a few COVID+ moms, and at least one COVID+ baby - and she’s floated down to the ICU a few times, where all the bad COVID patients are.

Nope. Thankfully, in this context.

Yeah…I have two grand nieces which scared the ■■■■ out of me when I first heard about first death.

If I was the hospital administrator I would have pulled her from that part of ICU. No mothers with young kids/babies.

The problem is, a significant income stream for these hospitals has been cut off. All the wards are empty, aside from the baby wards and the ICU. Everything elective has been put aside.

Babies won’t stop being born, so my wife’s job is reasonably secure. But most of the other nurses have been furloughed, or laid off entirely.

Yeah…that’s a problem IMO. Medical needs can’t wait. I think the long term it’s going to cause more damage then we know ATM.

Well, it’s complicated. A lot of those elective patients don’t want to be anywhere near a hospital right now.

I have been asking that question for years. We are largely to blame…

1 Like

One would think hospitals had decades and decades to prepare. That was what CDC was for.

1 Like

Right here

The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings.

We were told not to wear masks…then the same people told us to wear masks. They were the same people who told us the virus lived on surfaces for hours or days, until they told us it didn’t.

Are these the same people who think it’s safer to be hanging out with a couple of hundred strangers at Walmart than it is to go to a well sanitized barber shop, or to go to church with known members of your personal community???

What’s the over-under on when they’ll tell us the masks don’t really do much good after all.

The Coronavirus is the new global warming…it’ll be blamed for everything and used as an excuse for all kinds of foolish new power grabs. Mask wearing is just a new form of virtue signaling.

I ve worn one one time…when I had to do get on an airplane…

I m done conforming. When will these mask mandates be rescinded…i m guessing never. This country wasn’t designed to be a police state.

1 Like

You were told not to buy n95 masks, because we had a supply shortage for healthcare and emergency workers.

Ok. You will respect a business’s right to require one I assume.

This isn’t a police state.

Yes it is.

Naw. I got into all sorts of weird stuff this weekend that wouldn’t have been possible in a police state.

You didn’t attract their attention. Perhaps you don’t understand “police state”?

1 Like

From tonight’s show:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1265457451530194945

Just wear a mask.

I do.

You clearly either don’t or have become overwhelmed with drama if you think you are living in a police state. We aren’t. Sorry.

1 Like

“could”

“suggest”

“may be”

SCIENCE

You are quite mistaken.

You are quite oppressed.

Like I said, you don’t know what a “police state” is.

A police state…a state in which individual rights are being forfeited at the dictate of the central authority…

Yes that is happening…especially under the collective thumbs of a bunch of leftist governors…many of whom have been somewhere between ineffective to hypocritical to just plain power hungry during this episode.

2 Likes