Virginia declares state of emergency over 2nd amendment rally at the capitol

jan 20th is supposed to be some kind of prop gun rally in richmond virginia at the capitol

according to the governor there have been credible threats of violence at the rally and so he has declared a state of emergency thru tuesday that bans all weapons from the capitol grounds
In his words the threats are similar to what was happening before the charlottesville rally in 2017.

on the rallies facebook page some people are already saying they are still bringing their guns despite richmonds mayor saying they will take a hard line on weapons

I can see it now.
gun lovers brings his gun. gets arrested. loses his right to own/carry a gun…

Governor’s threatened confiscation and deploying the national guard, and one of the reps even mentioned something about locking up half the state.

Just a steamroll by the democrats. One party rule and they go â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  insane.

3 Likes

Excersing their Constitutional Rights warrants a state of emergency??

Interesting.

Virginians should plan 2nd Amendment rallies at all kinds of places that would make liberal snowflakes uncomfortable.

1 Like

Have all the rally’s you want. Just leave your guns behind

1 Like

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose…

Who said it was?

Very childish.

Says who?

Why?
…

No, threats of violence are the reason.

“We have received credible intelligence from our law enforcement agencies that there are groups with malicious plans for the rally that is planned for Monday,” Northam said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

And you all believe that??

That’s the same guy who says the picture on his yearbook page isn’t him.

2 Likes

Sounds like something out of Red China or North Korea.

6 Likes

If these are lies, then we should expect said law enforcement agencies to say as much.

If I were to question anything about this, it wouldn’t be whether or not threats were received. I’m almost certain there probably were. I’d argue whether or not the level of those threats warranted the state of emergency. The governor thinks so.

None of that is true.
One bill - that did include confiscation - does not have the Governors support and already was voted down in committee (SB 16)
Governor never said anything about Deploying the National Guard and no Rep ever said anything about “Locking up half the state”.

But you will of course insist it did happen, you read it on some far right web site, and of course not be able to produce any quote.

Gov had no choice really. The event groups have been overthrown by the same people that marched in Charlotesville 2 years ago.
Even the NRA has distanced itself from this.

The after charlottesville there was a commission put together to list commendation to avoid a repeat. The Gov is following those recommendations.

I think this rally is important. I think peaceful protests in a important role in America. But if you read some of these Facebook event pages you have tons of people planning to come in full gear to “Storm the building”.

Didn’t the Ayatolla’s recently declare a state of emergency over the protests in Iran, too?

4 Likes

Could we get a link to this?

The proverbial tree in the forest question -

If someone holds a gun rally and no good commie libs forbid guns, did it happen?

A link to what? The Facebook? There are dozens of groups that have created event pages. Just go to the discussions and comment on them.