Virginia basketball team declines White House visit

POTUS appears to be delighted with the division.

itā€™s always been part of his game plan.

he canā€™t out think people so he had to some up with other tactics.

As a UVA grad and a huge UVA basketball fan I couldnā€™t be happier about this decision.

3 Likes

Hokie nation, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Donā€™t tell anyone, but I pulled for UVa once VT got knocked out.

1 Like

I donā€™t talk or act like that clown.

Christian Club. Again.

You keep preaching the hate and see where it gets you.
For me I am tired of the crap from leaders, the media and people on both sides of the aisle.
The right side of the aisle did not cause what happened in Charlottesville no matter how much you want it to be true.
But the hate being spread by people on the right and people on the left are causing things like Charlottesville to happen.
Antifa and the White Supremist are two sides of the same coin. They came together in Charlottesville and someone died.
And what I find sick is all the people who use an incidence like this to bash the other side. Itā€™s like the people in the United States have gone insane. Instead of blaming the person who caused this to happen they have to find some way to use this to smear the other side of the aisle.
Watch what happens in this thread. Instead of discussing why a young man became radicalized enough to do something as horrible as this the leftist will run here and start jabbing at the right about how this is all the rights fault. If it comes out that this young man was a leftist the right will run here and start jabbing at the left how it is all their fault. And no one will realize that we are part of the problem. Too many people are treating each other as the enemy.
There are people that no longer talk to their parents because they support Trump.
Presidents come and go. They all do a few good things and a few bad things. Just because your team lost this time does not mean that the world is going to end. Get a gripe.
Take some time and realize that the most important thing in the world are family and good friends. If your house burns down tonight. Obama, Hillary Trump are any of the other idiots in DC are not going to be the ones there helping you. It is going to be your family, friends and neighbors.
I just spent weekā€™s helping families in the mid west who were trying to put their lives back together after all the flooding. And there was not one elected official getting their hands dirty saving homes, livestock. No it was the friends, neighbors and family that were there. Some of the neighbors came from neighboring states. They brought in food, water, clothing, medicine, livestock feed, equipment and so much more. They came because they cared. They did not ask are you a Trump supporter or do you hate Trump before they spread their love. No they came because they cared no matter which side of the aisle the people they were helping voted for.

Elitist thinking.

Trump is fomenting the division and hatred you condemn for his personal gain. Heā€™s right there in the thick of it with the extremists of both sides.

But you see what your saying is the problem. Instead of saying yes both sides of the aisle are fomenting the division and hatred for their personal gain. You just look at one man.
I have not said that the right arenā€™t in the thick of the hatred and division.
I did not blame one side or the other I blamed both.
Until we as voters say enough. I am not going to hate my neighbor for voting for someone I didnā€™t support. I am going to say good for you. You got out and voted. Than the division and hate is going to continue. And we will keep going lower and lower and more bad things will happen and both sides can rush to blame the other side.
Look I did not like Obama. But I did not run around with my hair on fire like the Trump haters. I didnā€™t think the world was coming to an end. I knew that there were going to be things passed that I did not like and my only recourse was to make sure that my representatives knew where I stood on what ever was being voted on.
So I guess Iā€™m saying that if people arenā€™t going to be part of the solution to ending the division in the United States. Than they canā€™t really complain about Trump. Because just like him they are part of the problem.

Are you suggesting that Obama and Trump are equals on the temperament and morals train?

Trump is the face of the Republican Party, and the leader of the nation. And heā€™s exploiting/stoking the hatred on both sides. Does he have a responsibility as POTUS to lead by example?

1 Like

Crazy, right?

1 Like

This kind of false equivalency has been a growing alternative reality among a lot on the right. Their own ā€˜ā€˜alternative facts.ā€™ā€™

1 Like

you have to give Trump credit for sensing what lights his base and using their hate for his on personal gain.

1 Like

Traitor!!!

As a proud Hokie I could never pull for those Wahoos!!!

Oh. You Hokies will get a national championship ā€¦ someday.

Heyā€¦ I remember a time when I was certain that it was in the Football teamā€™s playbook to fumble In their own end zone to freak out the other team.

So anything is possible.

1 Like

So you are tired of what exactly division or those who are different form you?

They are trying to build a wall you knowā€¦those things are expensive.