Video Games (what are you playing)

The genre is also incredibly diverse.

Hollow Knight, Ori, Guacamelee!, and the like tend to have the classic powerups (double jump, air dash, ground stomp, etc.).

Elypse, Doomblade, Yoku’s Island Express and the like tend to take a different approach. For example, Yoku’s island is essentially a planet-sized pinball game.

Some (Deedlit in Wonder Labrynth, Indivisible, Noita, etc.), even incorporate RPG elements like leveling up and character development.

1 Like

I noticed they tend to lean more toward Metroid or more towards Symphony of the Night. Both fantastic games with a similar base design, but very different in how they play out.

1 Like

If it’s more Metroid, its focus is on exploration.

If it’s more 'Vania, its focus is on combat.

1 Like

Speaking of Metroid…

2 Likes

They should just call that “Another FPS” instead. :rofl:

Hey now the original Metroid Prime did have one of the best final boss fights of its generation.

1 Like

Hey now, Prime was one of the most incredible gaming experiences I’ve ever had. LOADS of nutty puzzles.

2 Likes

Plus the final boss fight with Metroid Prime was a great puzzle in itself.

1 Like

The remaster on Switch is an amazing achievement. It doesn’t even feel that dated and the game still slays.

2 Likes

Started playing Enshrouded. It would be nice if they had curved surfaces in the construction options but other than that I am loving the game so far.

1 Like

My wife started playing Ori and The Blind Forest, so I’m also playing it alongside of her. I knew the cuteness factor would get her interests. I’ve been slowly getting her into Metroidvanias lately.

tenor

2 Likes

Looks like FO: London has dropped on GOG, watching Eurogamer play it now.

(Will be adding it to my playlist.)

WW

1 Like

Wife crushed both Ori games. We’re on Hollow Knight now.

This screen shot makes her a platforming champion (and someone who swears a lot at the game when she doesn’t land it :rofl:).

1 Like

Been running Dynasty mode on College Football 25 with U of South Florida because I wanted a challenge with a mid-major - plus I get to play home games at Raymond James stadium in Tampa.

Addicting as ■■■■■

4 Likes

I’ve become obsessed with Cities: Skylines. Gonna play another city or two and upgrade to the new version.

2 Likes

Wife and I started one that both of us are new at. It’s challenging and fun so far. I like the artwork.

1 Like

Started to play Dark and Darker on Steam. Its a totally unforgiving FP roguelike RPG.

Sated my World of Warcraft compulsion for next fee months and keep getting drawn back into Cyberpunk and Starfield. Downloaded Fallout London Mod but not yet played it.

Also just finished Witcher 3 on the Switch (again).

2 Likes

Difficulty spikes were intense, but manageable. Will definitely play again another time.

On to Lone Fungus!

Pikmin 4 - the most subversively violent series Nintendo ever created.

It’s epic. It an epic game for me because it is pure meditation.

1 Like