Video Games (what are you playing)

Here’s a sample of Elypse. This spot took me 7 tries. It’s one of the easier (and shorter) spots. It’s platforming challenge after platforming challenge, with these save points in between. There are well-animated cut scenes every so often and new story dialogue every few challenges.

If you die (everything insta-kills you on contact), you go right back to the last save point and try again. I keep memorizing the movements to each challenge just in time to move on and forget everything I just learned. :rofl:

Not really playing any games this second outside of the nightly matches of Advance War I play against the computer.

I am fixing to order a gaming laptop. Kind of tired of having a console. I get a big employee discount (about 900 bucks) through the company I work for. I’ve kind of settled on a Dell G15 with a RTX 4060, 16 gigs of RAM, and a Core I713650HX. I don’t need much and it has a 1080P 165hz screen so I’m thinking the 4060 (even at the lower wattage) will last me a long time. When it comes to PC I mostly play RTS games and simulation type games. Plus it’s 200 bucks cheaper than the RTX 4070 model.

I was going to build a desktop but the laptop will allow me to move it easily. Did the math and switching to Steam for most games will end up saving me a ton of money in the long run. Plus I never played the StarCraft II campaign (and the original StarCraft was my childhood; granted I was never good enough to even start to compete with the Koreans) so that’s the first game I’m picking up.

1 Like

Starcraft was epic, but Starcraft II was everything Starcraft wanted to be when it grew up!

Warcraft 3 remains my favorite of them all to this day. The wife and I still play it on the LAN with friends every now and then.

1 Like

My favorite part of StarCraft was the world building. Even as kid I realized that the Terrans were basically a future where they literally send the entire population of Mississippi to colonize an entire sector of the galaxy. They were literally just rednecks with warp drive.

Plus they were all ■■■■■■■ hilarious.

“What did I do get in this chicken ■■■■ outfit.”

“Want a smoke?”

“State the nature of your medical emergency.”

1 Like

My computer says,“Goliath Online” when it boots up. My wife hates it. :rofl:

2 Likes

I can imagine lol.

For the longest time my email sound was the codec call from Metal Gear Solid. It drove my family nuts.

1 Like

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth in 5 days. That will hold me over until NCAA this summer :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m the bite the bullet and get a desktop type of guy. More of PC purist I suppose, laptops are hard to upgrade.

However for the price and the specs it’s a good value.

1 Like

I’ve got a severe lack of space. I need something I can move from my bed side table to my kitchen table pretty frequently. It’s why I settled on a laptop despite the lack of upgrades.

1 Like

That is going to be absolutely epic. It’ll be the first PS5 game I’ve bought in months. I played the hell out of the nibelheim demo.

Plus I was thinking about the kind of games I mostly need to catch up on. It’s all mostly real time strategy games, which as a rule are light on GPUs and heavier on CPUs… It’s why I’m drawn to that G15. It’s got a really good CPU compared to the Lenovo I looked at. And with DLSS 3 the low wattage 4060s aren’t bad cards at all. I suspect with the way PC games tend to release these days (stutter filled messes unless you have a 4090 to just power through it) I’ll still buy AAA games on console unless the PC version is really really good.

By the way Tifa is best girl. End of discussion.

Same! And it’s my favorite part of FFVII too!

1 Like

Tifa in 4k!! :raised_hands:t5:

1 Like

I would say my favorite part of the original game story wise was a tie between the niberlheim flashback and when you air drop back into Midgar on Disc 2. I really loved that scene.

Favorite thing in the game though personally was beating Ruby Weapon. That took a long time and a lot of preparation. Plus fighting it alone with Cloud was nightmarish. Thank God for full maxed out mime materia with Knighgs of the Round. And the phoenix materia.

1 Like

@GWH , which laptop did you end up getting?

I’m about to buy this one for my wife.

1 Like

Wife loves the way Minecraft plays on the laptop as opposed to the tablet.

The 5 of us do make a very efficient village. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Impressive…

Just got off a minecraft session with the grandson who lives in England. Every weekend we play. He is very creative, me not so much.

1 Like

This is such a great family/group effort game. We’ve done three survival worlds so far, and get better and more efficient every time.

Right now we’re strip mining at bedrock in both the regular and nether worlds. There’s a sheer abundance of iron and gold materials and we almost have the same in diamond.

Once we have spare sets of netherite armor and weapons, we’ll be going on our first hunt for the End Portal.

1 Like

My grandson built a nether portal and we hunted a dragon. Lot of fun.

1 Like