USA setting records for new cases, meanwhile is Australia

give people the information they need to make an informed decision and you’d likely get 90% + compliance.

mandate anything and you’re down to 70% at best.

4 Likes

Australia is an island nation.

To replicate that here in the US, you would need to build a massive moat along the Mexican and Canadian borders.

Let me know when you’re ready to start digging.

4 Likes

Just for a month.

2 Likes

6 weeks… which sounds earily like “45 days to stop the spread”.

Pretty sure we did that once.

7 Likes

Masks aren’t mandated in GA, and I can tell you mask usage is a LOT lower than 90%. When I’m in public, I see around 50% usage.

And the local news stations have stories on all the time about how beneficial mask usage can be.

too late now. the issue has been politicized. mostly by the media, but no-one is innocent of it.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/bottoms-credits-mask-mandates-for-georgias-falling-covid-19-rate/4AIJFT3RLNBSRCTTLZ5COHT5Q4/%3FoutputType=amp

Sadly, there is an abundant amount of false information out there, that people want to hear, to justify their behavior. Plus many “leaders” downplaying the use of masks.

Those mandates are for local municipalities, and only a few have established them. The state was actively discouraging even those local mandates for a while, but then the governor backed off of that.

sadly, the lefts rhetoric has turned not supporting mandates into not supporting mask wearing. the two are not mutually exclusive. One can support wearing masks and not support the mandate to wear masks.

3 Likes

So there are mandates. Glad we could agree.

Very well said.

1 Like

That’s where I am.

I am anti authoritarian.

No point forcing an issue people are incapable of performing properly.

Defeatism.

You tell us how to get the masks over the nose every time.

Then there is the biohazard parking lot litter…

Still defeatism.

Why did Huffpost use Australia as example…other then knowing libs will repeat their propaganda?

Why didn’t Huffpost use Cameroon? slightly larger population with even less infections? Or Ivory Coast or Sri Lanka?

Or better yet why didn’t Huffpost use Uganda with almost twice the population with 20 percent less infections that Australia?

And finally…why didn’t they use China as example? China record on Covid is best their is…with less amount of infection per population…with only 60 cases per million.

Why don’t you volunteer for the COVID police in your town, and show us how it’s done?

I’m totally sure nothing will happen to you, really.

Besides, “Australia is entirely peopled with criminals…”

If you publish, they will parrot. :wink:

1 Like