US, North Korea break off nuclear talks after months of negotiations

Only if you are pessimistic enough to presume they won’t return.

Walking away from the table is nothing more than a negotiation tactic.

An SSBM they have been working on for at least two decades.

To be fair, most of your garden variety crazies usually go radio silent before they go off half cocked and blow ■■■■ up, so I wouldn’t exactly be assuming the best because of that.

Just saying.

Another really piss poor deflection.

You DO realize it only takes getting it right once, don’t you?

and what did they do this week? it sure as hell not a path toward denuclearization. once again and so consistently wrong.

Talk about saying ■■■■ that isn’t provable…

1 Like

hes really not good at this being right thing…

No, it takes one to prove the technology, it takes many more to prove you can repeat it consistently.

Trump-brand anti-intellectualism at it’s finest in this thread.

“I don’t have any personal experience and/or knowledge. I don’t trust the people who do have personal experience and/or knowledge, especially when I don’t like what they say. I’ll just make up whatever fits my preconceptions and beliefs.”

1 Like

So the best we can hope for at this point is that any projectile they slap one of thier nukes on blows up on the pad?

Man, I feel safer already.

Nope, pure conjecture. You actually have to quantify it with verifiable statistics/data. You have, this far, failed to do so. Opinion noted.

1 Like

No, why do you think we and the Japanese have been working overtime on ABM tech for the last decade or so?

Give us a scenario where Kim launches a nuke at SK, Japan, or the US which doesn’t result with the complete and utter destruction of NK within an hour in a massive retaliatory strike?

Ah…

So basically the only difference between now and before Trump took office is that Kim has the propaganda shots that Trump provided him…gotcha.

Seems like it was all worth it now…for Kim. For the rest of the world, not so much.

You know for a minute there you actually had me fooled into believing you might be interested in an actual discussion.

I could say the same thing about you.

You are the one who made the claim that things were better because of Trump, then turned right around and asked a question that basically proves that nothing is any better and that the only difference is that Trump gave legitimacy to Kim for nothing tangible in return.

If you are now going to be upset that that was pointed out to you, maybe you should have considered it before you made that claim.

1 Like

They are better and I listed exactly how they are better.

NK is not regularly threatening to nuke the US, SK, or Japan.

They are not launching missiles at or over the US, SK or Japan.

All of these were the realities we were facing constantly when Trump first took office and before.

All of those are “for now” situations.

Now that they have decided (at least temporarily) that they don’t need anything else from Donald, any or all of those things could start right back up, right?

All of those have been the status quo now for two years.

Everything is “for now” until it changes so that’s just meaningless.

Logic.