US military keeping Trump’s Scottish resort afloat?

You said every president…i assumed you’d at least go above and beyond and throw in Trump, Reagan, Obama, Nixon, Ford, Carter…wait, Carter…do you think he profited from being President?

They are paid a flat rate for per diem, they decide where it is to be spent.

We’re all wondering the same thing.

1 Like

Want to explain how they profited from their presidency?

Johnson’s construction company made billions off of contracts in Vietnam.

The Kennedy’s were heavily invested in both transportation and defense industries. Kennedy’s father was in fact heavily invested in Nazi Germany.

Clinton benefited numerous ways not the least of which were from his wife’s deals during and post presidency such as Uranium One. They made tens of millions directly from Russian Oligarch’s and of course their Chinese connections.

Bush family heavily invested in defense and petroleum industires.

The Constitution does not prohibit President’s from owning business interests in companies that do business with the government…or with foreign governments.
If that were true, every President that had a trust, blind or otherwise, that held investments in major companies would have breached this mandate. This would probably be most Presidents.
If the complainers can prove that some illegal influence was used, then have at it.
This is just a shotgun approach coming at the heels of the failed Russian conspiracy theory.

True, as has been pointed out endlessly the emoluments clause does not apply to presidents.

Perhaps nothing is wrong with it. Did Trump order it? Who did decide it? At this point all you have is that they were staying at that hotel. We have no evidence of interference by those with a profit motive.
Obviously, the usual people have suspicions.

Here’s the proof that it does apply to presidents.

I never ever stayed at the resort hotel I stayed at in August, before.
Ummmm…

Who else would do it? The evidence is in who it benefits - Trump.

Do you really think Trump didn’t order it? You don’t think, based on all his past actions, that it’s not something he’d do like a shot?

Your first problem is that Trump hasn’t accepted any gifts from foreign gov’ts. Legitimate business is not a gift.

2nd, there is no precedent for claiming the president is subject to the clause since many presidents throughout history including the last one accepted gifts from foreign gov’ts and none of the court challenges has held up.

I wish they had. If I were working for them and stayed there on government business, I guess they would. That wouldn’t make it illegal.
Your evidence just doesn’t get you where you want to be.

Doesn’t matter now. Emoluments shmoluments. More of suggestions, really.

1 Like

Trump has to be the most corrupt POTUS that ever seated in the Oval Office.
And Trumpsters cheer this.
Amazing.

1 Like

It’ll matter to Loyalists when the next Dem president does something, anything and the Loyalists will scream and throw tantrums and demand investigations and impeachment.

He’s definitely giving Warren Harding a run for his money at this point.

Okay you just flat out made that up.

6 Likes

What happened with that Harding fella?

Teapot Dome. And if he hadn’t died and the custom was you don’t speak ill of the dead, there were a half dozen even worse scandals.