US jobs report: Economy adds 273K jobs

Me too. Everyone’s favorite team wins again. Yay jobs!

It’a a hell of a lot harder to keep adding jobs when your’e already below what is considered to be full employment.

Cool story, bro. The question was, “If your favorite sports team won 75 games in a row–a streak that had never happened before in all of recorded history–would you say that they rarely win?”

There isn’t a limit in sports so the analogy fails.

We’ve been below what is traditionally considered the full employment mark for a couple of years now and still this economy keeps managing to add jobs.

This is unprecedented in our history.

You just can’t bring yourself to say that when something happens 75 times in a row–an unprecedented streak–it is not rare. Why is this so hard?

Sure I can, but your argument is fallacious and I choose to point that out.

What’s truly unprecedented is that we can still achieve this level of job growth in an economy that has been below full employment now for nearly three years.

My “argument” is that adding jobs is good news.

The fact is that we had good news in the last 75 consecutive months of the Obama administration. It was not rare. And it sounds like you finally admit that it was BS to say that we rarely had good economic news under the prior administration. 75 continuous months of jobs gains is not rare.

Continuing to add jobs is also good news.
It’s not a miracle.

The formula was simple (but certainly not easy): 1) start with a healthy economy. 2) cut regulations 3) cut taxes 4) increase spending. Voila! We keep adding jobs. And trillion dollar deficits.

You’re wasting a lot of bandwidth to make an inane argument.

We weren’t below full employment during the Obama Administration.

To continue adding jobs at this rate when we’re already at below full employment numbers is absolutely unprecedented in history.

Hey Wildrose, hope you’re good. I asked a question. If great news for America means bad news for Democrats, YOUR CLAIM, does that mean great news under Obama was bad for Republicans? I don’t agree with either of those.

BUT:. But the whole

Jesus H Tap Dancing Christ, I’ve never seen a more ridiculous statement. Especially from someone who is very unbiased.

1 Like

We had the most anemic recovery in history under the last administration so yes, good economic news was rare.

1 Like

So you would prefer we had no recovery.

Quick example:

Months job growth was higher than 273,000 under Obama: 14
You all celebrated that?

GDP Quarterly growth at 3 + percent:. It’s at least eight(pre 2010 is causing me problems getting numbers)…but:. You celebrated that?

What is it you think you’re accomplishing here?

You always get a bounce off of the bottom in a recession. It’s much easier to add jobs when UE is at 8-9% than it is at 3.4%.

Just like a bouncing ball the higher it gets the less room is left before it peters out.

You claimed that you cheered good economic news under Obama. I gave examples. Did you cheer back then?

Perfect! :wink:

is this where we pretend all our spending is republicans fault now?

I couldn’t agree with you more.

Proves the above.

1 Like

It is strange how cons pretend or worse forget that the 2008 financial crisis happened months before Obama was sworn in

Trump inherited 4.7% unemployment. He’s dropped a little over 1.2% in 4 years. MAGA. Even in Obama’s last year he created more jobs.