US jobs report: Economy adds 273K jobs

I’m a democrat, prosperity is NOT my enemy. So your wrong.

And they adjusted last months numbers up by 80k too if I heard it right this afternoon.

Great for America, bad for democrats.

Seeing how wages are expenses and thus reduce tax liability…

They also greatly reduce your bank balance.

So if the government says - alright you get to keep a bigger bank balance Because we are going to take leas of your hard earned money does that automatically mean that the holder of that bank Balance will spend it on wages or Will he/she try to keep that balance as high as possible?

Depends on the company. That same money could be used to expand production, upgrade facilities or to hire more people.

Great news!

1 Like

I don’t agree with this argument, but out of curiosity, did this apply while Obama was president. That good things for America was bad for Republicans?

For example, exactly four years ago, the US gained 263,000 jobs in the month of February. Was that great for America and bad for Republicans?

Why is it bad for Democrats? I, for one, am happy that more Americans are fully employed.

Duh, the excuses were these were part time jobs, jobs were created in spite of Obama’s policies, true unemployment was at 42%.

Everything Repugs bitched about were erased in Nov 8, 2016.

1 Like

Those numbers were not real because the bls was lying. 2016 is and was year 0.

1 Like

Naaaahhhh…Trump has greatly reduced illegal aliens crossing our border.

I’m really not surprised you don’t agree or that you are trying to deflect.

We cheered good economic news under the last administration even as rare as it was to get any.

:laughing:

No…

By 100,000s a month?

Poor whining liberals have to run into this thread pouting and crying “but but obama!!”. :joy: anyone remember when Obama told the american worker the best job they could hope for is flipping burgers for 15 and hour?. I wonder why obama wasnt as optimistic about the economy then as liberals are crying about now?

Proceeds to whine about Obama:

2 Likes

No just refreshing the minds of those that want cry what about Obama.

I hate deficits now.

I don’t mind deficits when we’re trying to stimulate the economy out of recession.

When you are losing 700K+ jobs per month, (like we were in the early months of 2009) it means that each month there are fewer people paying taxes and more people consuming social services. It totally makes sense that we would need to run deficits in order to offer temporary help to the millions of hard working Americans that suddenly found themselves down on their luck.

It’s also helpful during those challenging times if the government engages in other activities that might be costly but have a stimulative effect on the economy–like keeping the Bush tax cuts in place, enacting a temporary reduction in payroll taxes, bailing out the automotive industry, and spending on other projects that put people to work. These are things that Obama did.

But when you are supposedly in the best economy in history–as Trump says we are today–it’s reckless to run trillion dollar deficits. We are at full employment. Effectively everyone who wants a job has a job and is paying taxes now. If we can’t pay down our debts when we are at full employment, when will we?

This doesn’t seem like such a hard concept to understand.

2 Likes

This is a thread about the US economy adding jobs.

The economy added jobs each and every month without fail for the last 75 consecutive months of the Obama administration. Something that happens 75 times in a row is not rare.

If your favorite sports team won 75 games in a row–a streak that had never happened before in all of recorded history–would you say that they rarely win?