US forces in Syria, How many, How long, and At what cost?

The idea that the Kurds need a few hundred US troops or even air support is more bonkers.

There are some ruthless actors on all sides…Time to step aside while we can.

:firecracker:

No exit strategy! Code pink!

Zero. Have the Canadians pulled out of Syria yet?

It is all about the bottom line with Obese Donald, and I am not talking about America’s bottom line. Erdogan probably told Donny Dipstick that his twin towers in Istanbul would become Turkish state property, or worse, if he didn’t do what he needed to make Erdogan happy.

So thanks to this attitude, our long time ally, the Kurds, has now struck an alliance with Assad.

And also, hundreds of ISIS fighters - you know, the group that the GOP used to freak the ■■■■ out about every night - have been sprung from jail.

So you don’t care about the freed ISIS fighters, or the fact that the former US ally, the Kurds, is now an ally of Assad?

In a situation where there are no good choices, leave it to President Trump to pick the absolutely worst one.

4 Likes

no currently 800 Canadian are deployed in Syria.

ISIS sends their thanks to Trump and his loyal supporters.

1 Like

Iraq not Syria.

Humanitarian aid troops in Iraq.

Canadian forces have been active in Syria since 2015 they have not been removed from the region.

Good. Tell them to protect the Kurds.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call JTF2 humanitarian aid.

They’ve deployed air strikes. The cracks in their boots on the ground are filled with Iraqi soil.

Your government would.

Its a good PR move, but I wouldn’t class anything the Canadian military has done post 9/11 as “humanitarian” in term of the war on terror.

though Canada does like to paint all its military operation as peacekeeping.

If you can support the contrary, I’m all ears. Everything I’ve seen so far is that they have been serving from a humanitarian standpoint in Iraq with those 800 troops and deployed 1-2% of air strikes in Syria.

Canada doesn’t get to make the call we are not the superpower.

America ask for help, we help that is how the relationship works.

You’re going to get a photo of crawfish. Just a heads up.

1 Like