US forces in Syria, How many, How long, and At what cost?

Have you been paying any attention whatsoever to what’s happening there right now, largely if not entirely a result of Trump’s staggering incompetence? I mean, even the most cursory reading or thought?

/thread

/micdrop

1 Like

Well here is the thing WR. Trump was telling the world that he wanted to leave Syria. Last January he stood before congress and said he was leaving Syria…he received a standing ovulation from both sides.

My opinion, the top brass of our military didn’t think he was serious. So they never prepared the battlefield for this day.

People are said to be shocked…I’m not. Trump been telling us what he wants/planing on doing.

3 Likes

Let me assure you that 0.6 miles is not the same as a kilometre.

Canada has a federal election very soon so it is reasonable to assume that @CanadianJudo is not a candidate in that election. It is unreasonable for you to demand that CJ give a number which can of necessity not carry any weight.

The Kurds are fighting over land.

President Trump asked this question at a rally. He said there was no protests over our military protecting/policing the border between Syria and Turkey so why were they not allowed to protect/police our border?

1 Like

You obviously missed the sarcasm in the comment of @Zander 's.

Gang up your family and fellow Canadians then…show us how “strongly” you can fight the Truks. You will have the praise of some congressmen and other Americans who loves them some war.

1 Like

Canada have been America most reliable military ally for the last century.

but your sarcasm is noted.

1 Like

Canada lack large number in term of military power, what we forces on is being a well rounded force that can be deployed seemly with allied forces.

Canadian forces have operated along sided American units in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Mali, Korea, Gulf War, Somali, Bonsai, Kosovo, Libya, and more.

30,000 Canadian signed up to join the U.S military to join the war effort in Vietnam.

Its not a lie to say that Canada has been America greatest ally for the past century.

Canada and America share a bond greater then a political parties, a single President, a single Prime Minster, we are fraternal brothers we love America and its people as much as we do own country.

2 Likes

The Canadian fighters have already returned to Canada from Syria. Reprimand your own first.

Canada currently has 800 military personal deployed in Syria acting under command of U.S forces.

1 Like

Canada ended air force deployment in 2016 because our current fighter fleet need to be retired and are in the process of being replaced.

ground forces are still deployed which is around 800

So once again Hannity posters are asked to be experts at a subject to be able to have an opinion.

No.

No experts are needed. And another thread wasn’t needed. It’s clear that the president’s foreign policy moves are all in his self interest, not the country.

That should anger any American and want him swiftly removed from office.

But no, we have a thread asking unelected American citizens to solve the problems that an inept president has no clue about.

He should listen to the smarter people around him. That’s the solution.

3 Likes

Asked this at a rally. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let me guess, 10000 Red Hat Mobbers cheered and clapped like seals.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

There were 229 Turks taken POW in Korea. Not one of them died in captivity.

Am I thinking of another poster? I could have sworn when trump started the withdraw you said you were against this and it was a huge mistake.

Now you’re supporting it and working to excuse this move?

2 Likes

This thread is completely bonkers. It’s incredible to see what lengths some will go in order to support Trump. Hell, when Lindsay ■■■■■■■ Graham disagrees with him you know something is up. Trump has truly broken the GOP’s brain.

3 Likes

Canada has enjoyed nuclear umbrella protection from the US…while avoiding the cost and environmental liability for deploying them.

You’re welcome…

:atom_symbol: