US Corona Virus Response Cost Lives

I have issue with both.

Who said I had to believe everything? China claims to have 57 cases per million and 3 deaths per million. In the US those numbers are 2,307 and 122. For China to be equivalent to the US, they’re hiding over 3 million infections and 170,000 deaths. Could they be hiding those? I guess. Did they take aggressive measures to isolate Wuhan and surrounding territories and aggressively test and track people? Yes.

So, either they’re really good at hiding the sick and dead, or their measures worked.

People don’t do flawless. Flawless would be having already developed a vaccine and a cure. Objectional is sitting around and blaming them for not being flawless and trying to use it politically.

People have died because the government has not developed a cure. True…but useless.

Why do you keep bringing up Trump? I haven’t mentioned him once.

I’m not blaming anyone, I don’t blame the government for people dying.
I’m criticizing the government response because that is the purpose of this website.

Yeah, you’re right. Good thing we have those reporters over there, right? Oh that’s right, we don’t. Gotta believe the state propaganda machine then I guess.

Why? Explain why identification and isolation can’t work in the US? Need a few more specifics than the old “not homogeneous” hands thrown in the air.

Quote me saying this.

I disagree.

Not so much you…more Pelosi, Schumer…

utter nonsense. cdc didnt mess up anything

individual state responses are not “the government”

huge fail

My first post in this thread I said Pelosi was wrong to blame the government for people dying.

The theme in @conan ‘s thread from the liberals was that the buck stopped with Trump and every death and everything that happened fell squarely on his shoulders. I haven’t seen any refutation of that here.

If you are stating something with no proof in order to make a political point, who is the one making propaganda?

Individual states don’t have their own governments?

You believing the Chinese.

Fantastic.

@SottoVoce while I don’t agree with everything you post, you’ve been rational through out this whole thing.

Here’s the problem I have with basing this claim on modeling. In modeling, you take a data set and introduce variables, then evaluate the results of the new model. You can change one or many or all.

Looking at the “If only we had started earlier!” premise, which variable is being changed and what is the problem with it?

Not every death. Some deaths.

I never said I believe the Chinese. I said I have no data or facts to prove they are hiding the ill and the dead. Do you?