US announces peace deal with Taliban, aims to remove all US forces within 14 months

Muslims make up 5% of the Great British population.

Enoch Powell was referring to black people not Muslims

Based on that statistics it would imply that the overwhelming number of newborn boys are not named Mohammed or a variation of same.

I wouldn’t have thought that quoting Enoch Powell would add to your argument if it is in synch with E Powell’s views.

Mohammed didn’t even come in the top hundred names of newborn in the UK for 2019 I just discovered.

Enoch Powell was an out and out racist I think quoting him is a sign of ignorance.

Thanks for the info; it will be interesting to read what others have to say about that.

The point is that his country was being invaded by a group of people whose values were different from the existing values and were bound to change the status quo.

Using all of the various ways of spelling Muhammed, the name of the Prophet comes in first place.

And your failure to acknowledge that fact is not a sign of ignorance.

It is a sign of deception and a covert affinity to Islam.

Unless you believe that the prophets name was Oliver you are sadly mistaken.My failure to acknowledge your “fact” is because it isn’t a fact.
Would you reveal what crank told you this information?

A covert affinity to Islam? I’m an atheist I have no affinity to any religion.

Well this seems normal.

https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/1234914177799671808?s=21

Why make it personal like that? That’s a line few people are willing to cross.

Like it or not (and I don’t) to get a deal done in Afghanistan we have to negotiate with the Taliban.

Trump is used to doing things his way which is directly with the opposite leader in the negotiations.

According to whom? Who decided we have to negotiate with the Taliban terrorist murderers who have killed scores of American soldiers? Who decided that THIS is who we have to deal with in order to complete this mission? Trump?

In all seriousness I thought this would be at least the one issue you would take issue with. But apparently even in this situation you have Trump’s back.

What a weird and wild time we find ourselves in. You are defending the President of the United States doing direct talks with the terrorist ■■■■■■■ in Afghanistan, refusing to tell the public and allowing the terrorists to notify the world of the negotiations, and showing us sheepishly accepting their demands and breach of past agreements. You’ve made peace with this. Wild ■■■■ man. Have a nice night Rose.

2 Likes

I’m not defending anything as I said I don’t like it. I do however accept reality.

We’re at war with the Taliban, not the Afghan gov’t.

Unless you think we’re better off withdrawing under fire when our forces are at the highest possible risk of being killed you have to negotiate with the enemy.

Would you really prefer hundreds or thousands of casualties during the withdrawal?

His way was the same way under obama…

Anyway looks like the Taliban already broke the agreement

When did Obama negotiate with the leader of the Taliban?

That’s adorable…

That’s what we were discussing, try keeping up.

Are discussing

Were, past tense. The discussion we WERE having when you jumped in.

The thread is still going isnt it?
We are discussing it…

Great, assuming you’re caught up now when did Obama engage in direct talks with the Taliban Leader as you claimed above?

Links?