Unmarried and childless politicians, a growing trend?

Thanks for the water is wet commentary.

2 Likes

I’m only 33 so I have both of y’all beat lol.

3 Likes

The murder gathers to focus in on the opinion you made clear was your opinion. Caw caw! :wink:

1 Like

The crazy thing is when you look at the pure economics of it under our current system - assuming the parent were responsible for the entire costs - here’s how it would break down in a state like NJ:

1. Childcare/education = $20,000/year
  2. Healthcare = $10,000/year
  3. Housing = 40,000/year
  4. Meals = $5,000/year
  5. Etc. = $10,000/year

Then include oneself and potentially one’s spouse (assuming they don’t work), you would have to clear over $100,000 after taxes to live a comfortable middle-class lifestyle.

If they had kids they wouldn’t have the time to chase scarecrows.

1 Like

For God’s sake, stay young as long as possible!

3 Likes

It’s true, even as financially retired I still have to schedule time for myself. They are my greatest creations, and I’m growing the most wonderful crop this Earth has ever produced. I could spend a lifetime perfecting this craft and still learn new and wonderful things.

3 Likes

How’s that ? Our entire reason for existing is multiplying ? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

In Missouri, 100k per year would put you in a 5k sq ft home with more bathrooms than bedrooms and a part time cleaning crew.

I would disagree to some degree. One can absolutely argue that the most natural thing is to want a child. I think what has happened in American culture is that materialism has replaced one’s natural desire to procreate. With that being said let me be clear that I’m NOT being judgmental but purely looking at this as a sociological phenomenon.

That’s the overarching biological principle for any organism.

It’s the only reason you’re alive anyway. :wink:

1 Like

Booker is homosexual.

Truth. In today’s culture.

And Camp addressed that in the initial post that spawned this side discussion:

If I could go back and do it again I’d have one kid right now.

But that’s in the past. Only way forward is the future.

I think I’ll make an awesome step dad anyway lol.

1 Like

It’s the natural thing. But I’ve always tried to think logically.

Like I told Guv if I could go back to my 20s and do it over again I’d have one kid and then got “fixed.”

But it’s in the past.

“Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. (Children.)”

1 Like

Yeah, of course, have you seen the average age people are getting married now? You don’t have to get married to live with your partner long-term any more and at least millennials generally think marriage is a joke because our parents treated it that way.

I don’t doubt it, but it’s very hard.

It feeds the abortion mentality. They are burdens. Even punishment (according to one ex-president.) They are invaders. Enemies to be destroyed.

1 Like