United States permanently withdraws from the World Health Organization

This isn’t about isolationism…this is about American funds being used against American interest.

1 Like

Did WHO mislead the world on China behalf…yes or no Jay?

Nope. The WHO did what it was set up to do. It has no power to question…to investigate whether its member nations are telling it the truth or not.

And besides the administration knew everything they knew when the WHO knew it…even before they reported it.

And the administration’s own intelligence was telling them China was lying even before that.

This is scapegoating and excuse making, nothing more.

And it’s burning another relationship and granting the very enemy it says it wants to fight an avenue for more power and influence.

The world more and more is not looking for US leadership.

The world more and more pities America, not admires it.

If you think that makes us stronger then…OK.

I said it in 2016 and I will say it again. America First will morph to America Alone…and if you thought globalism was bad…wait until you see that deal.

2 Likes

What conan said

Hubris.

Then there should be no issue with withdrawing funding as they serve no purpose.

1 Like

Well that’s matter of opinion…good thing the left isn’t in power ATM. When you gain power you can give American people money away anyway you see fit. Until then you have yo live under Trump policies.

And just for record…it was China that kicked out American reporters. NYSlim, Compost and WS for investigating where and when this virus roared it’s ugly head…since WHO couldn’t or wouldn’t do it themselves.

to elaborate, Trump used the same tactic with the way NATO was being run. He threatened to pull out of NATO unless the other countries started paying their agreed upon share. The other signatories are now paying more, and the U.S. is still in NATO.

I see something similar happening with the WHO.

1 Like

Oh yes.

We are no longer a world power.

We are at the same level as Russia, armed to the teeth but without any real power or influence.

When you drink the Kool Aid, you really drink it.

NATO changed nothing after Trump threatened it.

They are ramping up to pay what they agreed to pay all the way back in 2006, according to previously agreed timetables (agreed in 2014)…by 2024.

These timetables have not been changed…not been accelerated…under President Trump. The rates of increases in defense spending by countries in NATO is unchanged towards meeting that goal.

But keep drinking the Kool Aid.

The rest of the world laughs at Trump…they don’t respect him.

1 Like

Democrat governors and mayors have been working hard to make that assurance as off as possible, putting vectors into populations of those most vulnerable to mortal infection. Even though Trump expected a better ride, he prepared for the worst. Democrats hoped for bad and worked towards even worse.

How many countries are following the US lead in calling for China to pay? How many of them started doing so because Trump was sucking up to the WHO? I expect to see other nations follow Trump’s lead here too, and to cut their funding to the WHO.

What else?

It is not “permanently” as once we kick Fat Donald’s ass to the curb, the United States will once again become a global leader.

2 Likes

Dr. Fauci believed that we shouldn’t have more infected people coming in as we tried to reduce infection here. Did reducing (not banning all travel) help any? I would think some, but there is no way to measure it that I know of. Did anyone, in a world where every country got some of this virus, expect there was a way to keep it out of the country entirely?
I have heard no one suggest that.

1 Like

That sounds familiar.

What is the purpose of banning Chinese from traveling from China to American when there were thousands of non-Chinese traveling from China to America? We should have allowed travel back with some heavy restrictions/follow up.

And he didn’t consider the Euro travel at all.

Look, I’m not saying Trump was awful. His ban was better than nothing. But his response could have been better. I hope we can all agree on that.

Isolationism is not really a good way to characterize what Trump is doing. In total Trump’s actions during the current administration do not suggest isolationism at all.

1 Like

The purpose was to reduce the number of infected people coming into the country from China. Knowing what we now know, the question might have been why not also sooner have had restrictions from Europe, too…not the other way around.
There were plenty who complained about both…and likely many of those who were complaining then are the same ones who now say he should have taken more drastic action then (my opinion)