Unauthorized Surveillance

Unmasking is legal under certain conditions, not just on whim. Those reasons are what will need to be explained and justified.

But if they did nothing wrong, they have nothing to worry about. They should welcome an investigation. Anyway, anyone who tries to stop it now is guilty of obstruction.
Those are the lines I’ve been hearing for two years.

2 Likes

Any attempt to do so while the Mueller report was still out would have been met with cries of trying to intimidate investigating agencies in relation to this investigation, and decried by Democrats as obstruction of justice.

2 Likes

and they will be. are you really expecting to find something. Really.

Its a nothingburger.

Allan

The they should welcome the investigation.

“Unathorized”? Didn’t judges sign off on the FISA warrants?

1 Like

I’ll put it this way - a warrant (of any type) that is not signed by a judge is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

As I recall, in general yes. In specific, as the names of people who were suspected of connections with Russia, no. You can’t really do much if you don’t have the specifics. What, go back to the McCarthy era where everyone is suspected of being a Russian spy?

That is such ■■■■■■■■■ trump was warned that Russia was/might be trying to influence his campaign. With no other details, one might want to be mindful of Russians trying to influence your campaign. Instead, the trump swamp embraced the Russians.

1 Like

Release the report and all questions are answered.

They weren’t after Carter Page they were after Trump! Page was just the excuse they are trying to use for their illegal political spying on the Trump campaign.

3 Likes

If Carter Page was such a threat why hasn’t he been charged with anything?

A warrant signed by a judge was not part of the unmasking process.
Yates approved these, as I recall

No Collusion.

Probably because if he had started the investigations before Mueller was done there would have been cries of obstruction of justice.
Look at all the drama from the left after he fired Comey to get your answer.

3 Likes

Uh huh.

Besides the fact he was in 2016?

We should have an investigation to see if he really was colluding with Russia on behalf of the Trump campaign. Oh, wait.,…we just did.
No Collusion.

1 Like

Avoiding the appearance of obstructing the Meuller investigation.

Don’t rush things. Investigations take time. Look at Benghazi.