Ukraine computer involved in Tennessee elections attack

Remember how upset the left was when foreign leaders all over the globe said nasty things about Trump, some of them untrue? Yeah, me either.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree that hostile foreign trolls out to harm the institutions of the United States are protected by our laws. The US Constitutions applies to US citizens, not enemies of the United States.

Protected by them? No. Not subject to them, yes. They are no more under the obligation to follow our laws than I am to obey Russian or North Korean law.

Technically? That’ll take at least a week to discuss my brotha.

I agree they have no obligation to follow our laws. But our government has an obligation to try to protect US citizens from attacks on our institutions by hostile foreign powers, even if you want to argue that those attacks weren’t effective.

Then why is Mueller indicting them?

So defense?

To start, hire a ■■■■ ton of IT security personnel. Unfortunately, not a lot of Americans are into IT, so there aren’t too many good candidates out there.

So passive defense?

Why should I pay to hire a ton of anything because of facebook memes?

It’s not just FB, but you already knew that, didn’t you?

What else? Don’t bring up Podesta’s emails.

You really believe that, don’t you?

No, its not neat at all. Seems like you’re really concerned liars being melted like snowflakes.

What does that defense look like? You want to go to war over facebook ads?

Obviously we should stop screwing around. This is war, war I tell you. Trace every one of these bastards back to their IP addresses and hit them with JDAM’s. It’s war damn it, treat it like one!

Right?

Why is Mueller indicting whom?

No, I didn’t say anything about going to war with Russia. Surely you can think of some ways our government could fight against Russian trolls interfering in our elections that don’t include guns and missiles?

And look who just happened to show up in Nashville as a foreign observer on Election Day.

“The interesting thing about election monitoring is it does get foreign officials out and about in places that they perhaps might not usually go,” said Hall, the former CIA chief of Russian operations. “It wouldn’t be uncommon for either somebody like Mr. Torshin, or a diplomat, or a Russian intelligence officer to appear in places like Washington or New York … But a place like Nashville, or other locations in the United States, provide sort of an insight about what’s really going on in the heartland.”

A memo left for Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett on Oct. 11, 2012, shows that local lawyer Kline Preston, known for his support of Putin, made the application for election observer status on behalf of Torshin.

“Russian Senator Alexander Torshin would like to observe our Presidential election. Polling stations,” the 2012 message reads.“

The Russians.

Like what?