UK General Election

They’re desperate for the public not to catch on. Much as there are problems within the NHS (particularly re: funding), you’d have to be ■■■■■■■ crazy to emulate US healthcare as a fix.

1 Like

Drug companies can’t wait for the UK to be Europe’s Little America.

Yeah, every Baby Boomer I know recently is jumping for joy when they hit 65. They’ve been bragging to me about the money they are saving.

From an outsider looking in I think that is the puzzling thing why he is still the leader of the Labour Party. I would understand if it was like in the U.S. the president is unpopular but is still probably a 50/50 chance on winning but everything I have seen reported about Corbyn from his ties with unsavory characters, friends of Hamas, heavy evidence of anti semitism, and just the general sinking of the party.

I know when people look back at Tony Blair they usually just think of the Iraq war I personally didn’t care for the man for different reasons but he seem to be at least popular at the time in the party and even among other parties. Corbyn seems like human kryptonite.

Here’s a hot question, why is the politics of Ireland moving to the left while the UK seems to be moving to the right, when Ireland just has two main conservative parties split over Collins or de Valera?

They changed the leadership selection process for the Labour party. Previously, MP’s had more of a say in who’d lead them, but they felt Democratising it to give Labour members more say was a good idea.

Spoiler: It wasn’t.

The Tories still use the old method: MP’s whittle it down to two candidates then the membership chooses between them.

The membership of both parties is relatively small, but Labour had a big surge under Corbyn which in part helped him get selected.

Thanks for the information didn’t know that, I was curious as to why the tories were able to toss Theresa May aside when they saw her failing but the Labour Party is stuck with this guy.

Wouldn’t that raise the question of why Corbyn is so popular among the rank and file? I mean, I guess I’m literally raising it.

And I thought it was crazy here I type in Britain election results and couldn’t help to see the top stories that followed.

gggggg

Is the UK ready for a hard hard Brexit?

Damn how accurate are those exit polls? It looks like an incoming🩸bath.

1 Like

They wanted Brexit. They’re going to get Brexit.

It seems to be the case, unless these exit polls are way off.

And if the exit polls are correct 55 of the 59 seats in Scotland are the SNP.

I think we could see another independence referendum. Will the Tories allow that? probably not. Will the Scottish just declare independence?

I love how UK elections bring out the eccentric. I miss Screaming Lord Sutch of the Monster Raving Loony Party.

Does Corbyn survive this if it turns out to be true

If Labour lose Corbyn is gone. There is no way he can survive as leader especially if the Tories win as many seats as the exit polls project.

How accurate are they ours were all over the place in 2016?

I don’t know anything about British political parties, but I don’t see him surviving.

I actually don’t think it’s fair to him because he was put in the position of being against a policy that he was actually for, but life isn’t fair.

I think this is the end of teh UK as we know it.
I expect scotland to declare i have another referendum whee independence will win or else just declare independence unilaterally.
NI may do the same although that will be bloody