U.S. security chief 'heaped pain' on grieving parents of UK teen

Thank you.

IMO…you do the crime, you do the time. Just like the health insurance for politicians being totally different than Obamacare, there should be no special place from wrong doing…just because you’re a politician who makes the laws.

Yes, I have driven in countries where the driving laws are completely different.

I even managed not to kill someone and flee the country under the guise of diplomatic immunity when doing so.

She was still negligent. She still fled the law. Diplomatic immunity still shouldn’t be misused in this manner.

The US should hand her over if she refuses to return voluntarily to face what she did, but I don’t see that happening.

She chose to live in a country that drive on the other, more correct, side of the road.

The onus is entirely on her to ensure she is safe if she chooses to drive.

No one forced her to drive.

And millions of British people manage the reverse every year without decimating mainland europe, it’s really not that hard.

It’s even easier in the US, with automatic cars and where people tend to drive like old ladies.

Yes she was negligent, it was not an intentional act.

Diplomatic immunity has been used to even cover intentional murders, assaults, rapes, etc.

People do stupid things and panic. Sometimes people are injured or killed in those events and that’s a tragedy but it doesn’t turn an accident into an intentional act.

I’m pretty sure one accident didn’t decimate the UK either.

No, but the fact the guilty party ran off and is hiding behind diplomatic immunity to avoid justice isn’t doing much for the “special relationship”.

Standard practice when a diplomat or covered family member is involved. Fleeing the scene unless under threat of grave bodily harm or death is never a good thing but her remaining would not have changed the outcome of the accident.

Again, an accident, not an intentional act of murder.

Intentional or not, she is more than likely criminally negligent and a young man is dead because of her actions.

The fact her government is hiding her and denying the family of the victim justice is a bit shameful.

She’s not in hiding and the parents were given an opportunity to meet her face to face but refused.

1 Like

She is hiding from due process.

Why would they Parent want to meet the person who killed their son, then fled.