U.S. security chief 'heaped pain' on grieving parents of UK teen

You can’t see how someone saying “Hey, the person who killed your son is in the room next door! Would you like to meet them?”

And then asking 3 more times when you say no

Would be uncomfortable?

Wonder how much a dead kid is worth?

Trying to use them as a PR prop was bad enough. Trying to pay them off with money that isn’t even his is the cherry on top, albeit completely in character for him.

1 Like

Jesus the dude is just burning US/UK relations to the ground.

Literally everything about this situation has been flubbed on the US side. This isn’t what diplomatic immunity is for, and the parents were treated like ■■■■■■■ garbage. Human props for a photo with Trump giving the thumbs up and a grin.

But hey, we’ve all driven on the wrong side of the road right? Oh well.

1 Like

Money cures everything…Typical Trump

Trump is at base a sick, ugly individual.

3 Likes

The person who was allegedly involved should be returned to the UK and face court if there is sufficient evidence for that person to be charged. If that occurs, then the principle of sub judice should be respected until the conclusion of the trial.

@MoleUK I presume there is a mechanism to allow a trial with only a judge rather than judge and jury if that is appropriate.

Wow. Disgusting.

It’s the Trump touch. You know the story. Everything Midas touched turned to gold. Everything Trump touches turns to ■■■■■

1 Like

Why does his staff let him get in these situations where he has to try and imitate human compassion?

3 Likes

Did any of you actually read that article?

This is really awful- but it’s no surprise that Trump would insert himself in the middle and make a mess of it.

“It was almost as if he let it slip out,” said family spokesman Radd Seiger. "When he said, ‘We’ve got the driver here’, he basically meant we’re all going to have a big hug and a kiss and I’ll get my Treasury guy to write a check. That’s how it was. On the day it just didn’t register with me, but the more I think about those words, the more shocking it is.”

Gross, the same day they tried to ambush them.

1 Like

LOL. Trump alologize?

I agree with you but he doesn’t have it in himself to admit fault of any kind.

Trump thinks money solves everything.

1 Like

Nothing like a president trying to buy off the victims of a self-important and protected diplomat’s wife after he tried to Jerry Springer them. Cowards have to protect cowards I guess.

1 Like

There have been multiple times in which someone dies overseas and it is the fault of the US. They do usually end up with a check being written, but in the form of a settlement after the aggrieved parties take whatever legal actions might be available to them and a lot of back and forth, complaints filed and what have you. But to have the president just spit it out like that is very much like saying here, here is a check, how much is your stupid relative worth.

1 Like

Yes.

And?

You’ve gotta love this part;

Mark Stephens, the lawyer for Charles and Dunn, said national security adviser Robert O’Brien had the idea of overseeing a coming together of the families before they would then hug in front of an assembled media

Pure photo op

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. He is just so ■■■■■■■ stupid how he goes about it.

However that is pretty much how we do it in the middle east. Sorry we bombed your house and killed your family here is some money.

1 Like