U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials

This one is really bizarre.

What a bunch of boobs.

4 Likes

Not really bizarre. On the contrary, it is very typical.

A $70 Billion industry trying to “protect” itself at all costs.

Using its lobbyists to get the government to engage in protectionist behavior.

The concept is no different then tariffs, subsidies and other protectionist behavior.

I oppose all sort of protectionist behavior, whether this or whether more convention forms of protectionism.

I guess this is the new Trump style of US diplomacy in action :laughing:.

And of course…

“In the end, the Americans’ efforts were mostly unsuccessful. It was the Russians who ultimately stepped in to introduce the measure — and the Americans did not threaten them.”

Oops sorry, blind and didn’t see other thread.

I flagged this post for merging and it should be merged into the other thread pretty soon.

I don’t know what position to take on this, except for suprise that baby formula can move international politics to this extent.

I think it surprised even the UN delegates enough to leak it, so it can’t be that boilerplate.

Every US admin uses it’s diplomatic weight, but threatening trade actions over a pro breast-feeding resolution?

Its bizarre because it is so obviously true that breastfeeding is the best thing a mother can do for their child and the US position on this had been to support that message.

No longer.

Makes sense if you’re a corporatist ■■■■■■■■ We want our children hooked on HFCS at birth and craving happy meals by the time they walk. Won’t somebody think of the corporations!?

4 Likes

All quiet on the orange front.

I guess we’ve found a topic that even the most rabid supporters can’t trumpsplain’.

1 Like

Yay! Free market has spoken!

Actually, it has not spoken.

Protectionism is the very opposite of the free market.

Picket’s Charge in slow motion.

download

Really only one word for this…

creepy.

this is proof the administration is pure evil.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can anyone explain why we need a UN resolution for something that is well known and has been well known for decades?

The only exception I can see is to the huge waste of time this is.

Baby formula sales are fine. No need for Enfamile to go bonkers over market share.

I don’t see any reason for either “side” to get uppity over. No need for the US to oppose and no need for the UN to re-invent the value of breast milk.

I guess if you like being told what to do by international quasi-government bureaucrats this would be a burr under your saddle…