U.S. Beer Industry Blames Trump Tariffs for 40,000 Job Losses

That’s why The Lord invented a solo cup. :sunglasses:

I have several friends who own breweries.

I don’t buy this report.

That is not to say that increased aluminium prices haven’t had an effect, but I don’t buy a 40,000 job loss effect.

The largest pressure in the beer industry today is the consolidation of middle tier independent breweries under the big boys… like Inbev or SABMiller.

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the beer industry, except the watered down crap they try to pass off as beer. They will always do well, in bad times to drink away your sorrows and good to celebrate your blessings. Don’t play the stock market, become a liquor store owner today.

This thread is a war crime. lol

Or a bottle :grinning:

Always use a glass (if possible)

Support independent brewing. Look for the IBA seal :grinning:

1 Like

I hope not for the piss these people claim is beer.

No, I’m using a bastardized Seinfeld reference, except it was pretzels, not beer.

The beer institute?
I dont care about this topic…I just find that amusing

Yes, but additional cost to the consumers is not the point being made. The thread is about breweries being forced to lay off employees because of the 10% additional tariff on imported aluminum raising the cost of a 10 cent can by 0.3 cents. That’s nonsense. And the price we pay for a can of beer will go up a shocking 0.2 to 0.3% depending on the quality of beer we drink! Why I may even give up drinking beer altogether if that happens. :roll_eyes:

Glass is heavy and costs a lot to handle and ship.

… or a bottle. Beer should be decanted into a glass.

1 Like

Oooh, beat me to it. :wink:

1 Like

Beer is a serious topic! Begone with you! :angry:

2 Likes

Could it be that many beer drinkers are brewing at home, participating in drinking from one of the many local brewreries that only use bottles. Hell my local brew pub that I go to…sells my favorite beer in Growlers…and they are reusable. So why keep using cans anyway. I am guessing this has nothing to do with Tariffs at all. Right?

And there are different glasses for different beers don’t forget.

Bottles are popular because the beer tastes better from a bottle. But beer from a tap is best.

Speaking of which, I must be on my way for a cold one (or two). Cheers.

That is 99% psychological. In blind tests, beer poured from a bottle or a can into a glass (which is how you should be drinking your beer) is virtually indistinguishable from one another. Tap beer, however, is usually (but not always) better.

Absolutely. My favorite glass is a chalice style snifter. It suits the heady ales and stouts that I prefer. And it also serves well as a bourbon snifter and as a red wine glass in a pinch. :wink:

Only to drunks