TX GOP wants 117,000 ballots thrown out for...reasons

They can’t stand our form of government.

It gets in their craw whenever the people get in the way.

Time and time again they will do everything in their power to take the people out of the Equation of American governance and then try to legitimate it by saying they were just following the rules.

1 Like

A rich activist closely allied with the Dan Patrick dingbat side of the Texas GOP. Same guy that files all the anti mask suits for Patrick

1 Like

Y’all can’t even pretend you don’t want to suppress the vote by any means necessary.

■■■■ is disgusting.

9 Likes

Time to fix an illegitimate judiciary that has been packed to be sympathetic to these fascist notions.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah…

Oh my sides…

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah…

1 Like

I’ll accept this. But the GOP could end this quickly if the GOP leadership in the state house wrote a friend of court brief saying they are good with the votes.

2 Likes

Elbert Tuttle
John Minor Wisdom
John Robert Brown
Richard Rives

Those men were collectively known as the Fifth Circuit Four. One appointed by President Truman, the other three by President Eisenhower. In the face of death threats, they delivered decisions that advanced Civil and Voting Rights in the years prior to the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act. The current Fifth Circuit Judges should emulate their example.

2 Likes

Texas sucks.

3 Likes

Its not some absolution of the Texas GOP. It’s just that its not an official act, they’re using the goon squad instead.

2 Likes

hwyflier drops gloves

1 Like

but oklahoma blows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beyond the legal question, the people who cast their votes this way stand a chance that their vote will be invalidated. Are you fine with that?

5 Likes

Within the rules following orders rationale to follow.

Anyone here actually for this? I know Smyrna seems vote-trashing curious, but everyone else seems to agree this is abhorrent.

3 Likes

I don’t agree that it is “abhorrent”.

1 Like

Ok. and then…

It’s just politics, sounds like a few loons.

Judge they voted wrong, please make it illegal.

this is why texas needs to split into multiple states.
have houston,austin,dallas, and san antonio become thier own state. and watch the rest just wither away

2 Likes

Wrong state there…