TX GOP wants 117,000 ballots thrown out for...reasons

Wow… going back to the classic era to justify all of this.

Don’t know about Gore… never voted for the guy… didn’t support him. Thought the way that he handled the recount in Florida was not good.

Hey… maybe we shouldn’t look to the 2000 election as a way to handle things.

I’m just trying to understand the defense of things by the left when they’re the ones doing it, versus the condemnation of those the right by those same leftists.

1 Like

Was that a potential precedent?

I don’t really care hoe you interpret my statements. The GOP is a disgrace to this country.

2 Likes

But the courts did decide.
The state court, we it belongs.

I have no idea that in Federal court if this hits the supreme court the GOP will lose.
Kavanugh and Roberts have actually been very consistent.
State law, state officials, and state courts decide.

My concern is it getting thrown out by a partisan judge first and Trump trying to argue that it’s over. By the time the SC weighs in ,the damage may be done.

1 Like

You were “dis” close to getting it right. :sunglasses:

I don’t disagree that the timing is very poor but it is a legit question and it’s all in the article you posted.

It’s a question that has been answered.
This is all about the timming. The GOP wanting to discard Dem votes, or at least cast doubt

2 Likes

If this was decided by the state courts, the SC will throw this out. The timing is reprehensible and the GOP should lose the state house just to show them that they can’t ■■■■ with the people’s right to vote.

2 Likes

That is one question, but the overwhelmingly more important question right now is if discarding the ballots is the appropriate remedy.

The court could rule that they lacked the authority to implement curbside voting and stop it, but allow the ballots already received to be counted.

This isn’t being done by the GOP. Some rich activist wasting his money. And a couple of also rans. The GOP should probably condemn it. If they think it’s not legal they should file to stop it but not to throw out the votes already cast.

1 Like

The dems might want to rethink this drive thru voting idea.

After all that makes it more difficult for their dead voters to vote.

1 Like

With the rulings in PA, WI, and NC this election, I see this lawsuit being thrown out due to proximity to the election and lack of jurisdiction.

I agree.

I simply worry about the ruling on Monday. Even if it eventually doesn’t stand

2 Likes

I wonder why the GOP doesn’t want people to vote.

11 Likes

Of course, that’s the problem. It’s all voter suppression tactics. People will hear their drive thru ballots aren’t counted and stay home rather than risk their health at the polls.

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll bring a hearse?

1 Like

The fact the the lawsuit asks for the votes to be discarded rather than just asking that curbside voting be prohibited is telling.

This is the equivalent of asking for a patient to be reinfected after being cured by an unlicensed doctor.

It makes no sense to discard these votes based on a claimed procedural illegality … as opposed to a substantive claim that the votes are actually tainted.

After this election cycle there needs to be a serious effort to put together an updated voting bill. With the acrimony and close races a standard set of rules will be welcome.

5 Likes

By the way, wherever the Republicans got this:

Republicans alleged that the state Legislature has sole authority over election law under the U.S. Constitution.

They are wrong, and have never read the constitution. The Congress has the authority and some states people’s do as well. This has already been ruled on.

1 Like