TX GOP wants 117,000 ballots thrown out for...reasons

How can ANYONE who believes in the ideals of America be OK with this??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/texas-drive-through-voting-throw-out-ballots.amp

Let’s ignore the fact for a moment on of drive thru voting should be legal or not…

Why did the GOP wait months to bring the case, wait for votes to be cast, then try to bring the case to throw the ballots out??

If you REALLY thought it was not allowed by law, why didn’t you bring the case before the 1st ballot was cast??

Why is the GOP sooooo scared of voters in TX?

7 Likes

199 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trumpers spend the weekend shutting down highways

Because Trump’s campaign has been so incompetent they may lose Texas.

1 Like

If you control the courts, why play fair? Make your fellow americans waste their time. Classic voter suppression.

3 Likes

if teh votes are nullified i think its the start of civil war. it means we are living in a dictatorship and dictators must be removed

5 Likes

Harris County raised the idea of drive-thru voting in June, and Texas Secretary of State Ruth Hughs promptly approved it.

Republicans alleged that the state Legislature has sole authority over election law under the U.S. Constitution. They also claimed that the Legislature never approved drive-thru voting. As a result, they argued, the procedure is an unconstitutional usurpation of the Legislature’s power, meaning every ballot cast via drive-thru voting is illegitimate.

Was the legal process for approving this method a usurpation of the Legislature’s power? It’s a good legal question?

2 Likes

^
So let me get this straight.

I can drive up, park, get out of the car, walk to the polling place and drop my ballot in a drop box.

I can drive up, park, get out of the car, walk into the polling place and hand my ballot to an election official.
I can not drive u, and hand my ballot to an election official.
What the hell are these Texas Republicans thinking and why wait for 3-weeks after it starts to file a law suit.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

The timing of this objection is really bad.

The people casting their vote did so with the understanding that it was all good and settled.

To retroactively make it illegal and throw out their votes is something that we should all agree is not how our system should work.

4 Likes

If you do it that way, it doesn’t help you. You have to get them nullified, AFTER they vote. Otherwise all those americans would just vote another way.

2 Likes

states courts already approved it and teh texas supreme court refused to block it

1 Like

Courts do not make the laws, they interpret them when a question arises. The question is, was the Legislature’s power to approve this method, usurped?

Well, in the Trump world if you can’t win by having more people cast legal votes for you.

Then get the votes tossed.
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

Doesn’t the left want to stack the courts? Thanks for being honest about why you want an all liberal court.

4 Likes

Your right. It is. And despite being raised 2 days after ballots we being cast it was answered by the Texas Supreme Court.
A court of all Republicans deemed it went thru the legal requirements.

1 Like

No.

You can hand deliver ballots to election officials. Which is what was occurring here.

There is no difference in walking into a polling site and handing it to a worker and driving up to a polling site and handing it to a worker.
.WW, PSHS

This was already challenged in the State court and was rejected.

The people who voted this way did so with the understanding that it was all good and legal.

They are seeking to retroactively dissenfranchise the vote.

This is something that I think that we should all agree that it isn’t the fault of the people casting their vote in this way and to silence their voice is not how this country should work.

2 Likes

Unless it’s Al Gore and military votes. They shouldn’t have counted. Right?

1 Like

But that question would be answered by state courts right?
And they answered it. “No it was not” was their answer.

They are now filling it in federal court (where they prob don’t have standing)

I read that…and can’t say I disagree but then I read further regarding this technicality of the Legislature? Was this brought up and a decision made regarding this, specifically? How ever the courts determine is the correct outcome, I’m fine with. I just want everything legal.

Man you are desperately trying to change subjects. Stacking courts, al Gore. Want to give a opinion on the topic at hand??

4 Likes