Two American citizen arrested in Saudi Arabia for support woman rights

Two duel citizen have been arrested among 12 total today for supporting woman rights in the Kingdom.

Saudi Arabia detained 12 people, including two dual U.S.-Saudi citizens, in a new round of arrests in the kingdom targeting individuals supportive of women’s rights and those with ties to jailed activists, people with knowledge of the apprehensions said Friday.

It marks the first sweep of arrests to target individuals perceived as critics of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman since the killing of writer Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul in October.

The arrests come despite a global outcry over Khashoggi’s grisly killing by Saudi agents in an operation directed by former top aides to the crown prince.

The arrested individuals, nearly all of whom were detained on Thursday, are not seen as front-line activists. They are writers and advocates who quietly supported greater social reforms, and most had ties to the group of women’s rights activists currently on trial.

Being stupid is probably going to hurt for these two.

Being dual citizens, they can expect full punishment from the Saudi Government as if they are Saudi Citizens. Not much the US can do about it.

Stupididy should hurt. These two will find that out.

Nothing they did was stupid, supporting equal rights for woman isn’t stupid.

They of all people should know the laws and customs of a country they are a citizen (dual) of.

Stupididy should hurt. These two will find that out.

You sound almost gleeful.

3 Likes

Just being truthfull.

Should they not know the laws and customs of a country they are citizens of?

If they violate those laws and customs should they be held accountable?

The US should NOT get involved in anyway shape or form.

You’ve stated your opinion. It’s neither true nor false.

What that supidity should hurt?
That if your a citizen of a country you should know the laws and customs?
That if you break the laws and customs of a country your a citizen of you should be held accountable?

First one is opinion.

Second two are facts.

All “shoulds” are opinions.

It sounds like you don’t think a person should know the laws and customs of a country they are a citizen of? is that correct yes or no.

It sounds like you don’t think a person who violates the laws and customs of a country they are a citzen of should be punished? is that correct yes or no?

What exactly is your point?

1 Like

This is a good question.

Supporting women’s rights is stupid

That people should know their place; people fighting for human rights are stupid and should know their countries laws.

My point is, they remain Saudi Citizens and are subject to their laws as such. Since they kept their Saudi Citizenship (or if they were US citizens first and became Saudi citizens without renouncing like they should – in my opinion), the US should play no part in their arrest and let their laws play out with their citizens.

I didn’t say that now did I

Rarely am I surprised by what is posted here but wow.

Wow.

5 Likes

The US shouldnt stand up for women’s rights across the world?

1 Like

Didn’t say that. They can and should do that if they are willing to pay the price if it’s against the laws and customs of a country they are citizens of.

Ok, so then what is stupid?