TV shows that was cancelled to early or you wish that would have stayed around longer

I like that he is terrible at his job and constantly makes the wrong decisions that gets his friends hurt or killed.

Agree to disagree

Nope. The only reality I have worked on is Project Runway.

Babysitting there right now.

That’s the one. Second season when they brought in that female boss it took the edge off. Real shame. Someone told me the first series starred Rick Springfield.

Cop Rock

Those cops rocked.

Dracula on Netflix…was only a 3 episode series. Great take on the story, the guy who played him was the best Dracula I’ve seen.

I like the lore I will give it a watch sometime as long as it doesn’t go all twilight :slight_smile:

Not at all…

Was getting into Trueblood then it got way too chicky like that…lol

1 Like

Right? True Blood had such *promise *, but totally nose dived

Absolutely. It really could have blossomed with a second season.

CopRock was WAY ahead of its time.

Thought of another one: Kings. Ian McShane in a modern day retelling of the biblical David story

I really liked M.A.N.T.I.S. . It only aired for one season though.

I must admit I was into Trueblood as well the first few seasons until it went gooey.

Fawlty Towers

Two others -
About 5 years ago, four feature length episodes were made of the Inspector Maigret books - Maigret has been done before, but these were very well produced and starred Rowan Atkinson (yes, Mr. Bean) as Maigret. He was excellent, as were the supporting cast. I got the feeling it might have been too expensive a series to continue.

Dickensian - I sort of bumped into this one. A period drama set in the world of Charles Dickens’ characters, bringing a lot of characters from different books into the same universe. There were 20 episodes that ran from 2015 to 2016, started off with Inspector Bucket investigation Marley’s murder, while a young Miss Havisham’s brother conspires with a friend to get a hold of her fortune, brings in the Cratchi’s, the Bumbles, Little Nell. Great TV.

That would be interesting to watch. The only Maigret series that I have seen was broadcast on PBS staring Michael Gambon. I didn’t care much either for his portrayal or for the production.

1 Like

Roddenberry pitched original ST to one network back around 1966. They said no and immediately came up with Lost in Space.

Coincidence? I think not . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This Maigret is worth checking out. Yes, I like Michael Gambon as an actor, but not as Maigret. Rowan Atkinson did a great job. I think these 4 episodes were filmed in Romania to get a Paris in the 50s look.

1 Like