TV shows that was cancelled to early or you wish that would have stayed around longer

The Cape - one season around 2011. Wanted cop goes undercover as a superhero.
Almost Human - A human cop has an almost-human android partner. Really underrated.
Human Target - If they had kept to the cast and tone of the first season - it went downhill.
The Grinder - A TV lawyer whose series is cancelled goes home and butts in to the law practice of his dad and brother. Absolutely hilarious, underrated, especially the episodes with Timothy Olyphant.

The Dresden Files - Hey, I liked it, and that’s all that matters. The books were absolutely terrible. But the show was almost completely different from the books.

I really only remember him from Remote Control, which was a game show I liked…except for him as the sidekick.

On a side note, I didn’t know the host of that show, Ken Ober, died in 2009.

Ken Ober was one of the Executive Producer’s of Tough Crowd. Really nice guy.

Greg Geraldo was also part of the cast. He was really nice but had his demons.

I will fight you on the books being terrible.

Maybe you two should have some peace talks?

WW

1 Like

I forgot how many books I went through before I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t take his constant blathering on what to do and not to do when it came to life, injury, and death. It would go on for pages about the right thing to do. Preach to someone else.

Needless to say I pretty much disagreed with just about every decision he made. Making the main character very unlikeable. Good for maybe little kids ages 10 and under.

Colin Quinn also hosted The Weekend Update segment of SNL for like a season or two back in the 90s.

It was not very good.

Ah. I forgot that one. A magic wielding anti hero wielding magic in a modern setting. Totally one of my jams.

Keen Eddie

Which Human Target? There were at least 2 different iterations.

I liked the Mark Valley, Chi McBride, Jackie Earl Haley, Indira Varma version. Never saw the other.

Star Trek TOS.

That’s the original? That’s pretty much the one I liked the most. But of all of the Star Treks and versions of it, my favorite space show was Babylon 5. By far. But I had enough of that when it ended. No need for more.

The similarities between Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9 were… suspect.

At some point Deep Space 9 went down hill. While Babylon 5 got better as it went on.

Are you accusing one or the other of copying?

Well, Babylon 5 was first, and IIRC, they pitched the show to the people who eventually produced DS9.

Clone High.

Had a good first season, ending on a great cliff hanger and was canceled. Poor Jon stamos still stuck in that freezer

Hey I watched that.

Did you ever do anything on the top model shows? There was a season they used a recording studio I was working at for a bunch of different shoots and I was the babysitter of the studio gear and telling those people no was a lot of fun.

No darling, you cannot lay across the SSL 9000.

Yeah, that was The Original Series.

It lasted 3 seasons and at the time I thought it was just getting good. I was pretty upset when it was canceled.

IIRC, Ober got his start with a Star Search appearance, right?