Tulsa race riots

Interesting.

And then that wealth burned down by a mob of white people. Wealth and a neighborhood that never recovered from it.

Yeahā€¦ it would be a super interesting topic.

1 Like

Agreed.

I donā€™t know if I agree.

Soā€¦ showing up armed is all of a sudden a bad thing?

I agree, especially given the parallels to Summer of Love.

Waitā€¦so a white man was lynched onceā€¦therefore the blacks in Tulsa had nothing about which to be alarmed?

Is this where you are going?

1 Like

Shooting a taxi driver and whistling at a white woman arenā€™t really in the same category however. Both illegal lynchings, no argument on that part.

1 Like

Have you read this?

Negroes-Gun-Black-Tradition-Arms/dp/161614839X

Fascinating.

1 Like

Not to change the subject.

Same theoryā€¦if you show up to overthrown the goverment donā€™t cry if you get shot.

Now where have I heard that beforeā€¦Oh yeah Ashli Babbitt.

1 Like

There are very few things that are parallel to Tulsa.

Wilmington 1898 would be one. Negro Fort in 1816 would be another.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely gonna pick it up now that Iā€™ve finally finished ā€œThe German Army in World War II.ā€

Havenā€™t had a lot of free time lately so that book took me forever to read.

Summer of Love 2020

One of the best non-fiction books Iā€™ve ever read.

Yesā€¦but do you have to be Black for that to happen? :wink:

It is telling that the woke have to go back 100 years to stir up their outrage.
No, nobody ā€œforgotā€ about the Tulsa race riots. It was just not seen as a center point defining our culture until the recent desire to re center the important aspects of American culture.

There is no one left to blame for that event, it happened a hundred years ago. That wonā€™t stop some from blaming the innocent.

Imagine a ā€œwokeā€ history where we decided that the important thing was the higher crime rates by blacksā€¦and that they all had to be blamed. Come to think of it, the woke and the KKK have a lot in common.

4 Likes

I know that one would like to draw a parallel from white people going in and busting up what black people have built to 2020ā€¦ but it isnā€™t the same thing.

Maybe the Watts riots would be a closer example.

Carrying while black was their crime. They were leaving peacefully. Iā€™d say they were pretty dang innocent.

1 Like

I donā€™t care. If a bunch of Whites show up armed in Harlemā€¦Iā€™m not going to cry if they get shot.

Sorryā€¦you donā€™t get to play this double standards with me.

Black people went in and busted up what black people built.

Itā€™s parallels.

Yeahā€¦ it was a riot.

Not comparable to Tulsa.