Tucker Carlson thinks tacos are not Mexican, but American

I just told you it’s not just blood that got passed down. Culture and food did too. EUropeans mixed with the aborigineses in Mexico more than any other North American country. They have one of the most genetically diverse populations.

I actually disagree with the op - tacos are as much part of Tex mex as they are part of any Mexican culture. Much like what we callchinese food is not chinese like at all

Ok got ya, misunderstood.

The only purpose this thread should serve is as a reminder to stay away from Taco Bell, unless you want the ■■■■■ for days.

2 Likes

It’s a ridiculous exchange from a ridiculous man, and typical of him.

Is it? I find the guy he was talking to far more ridiculous, no taco’s for you Jeff Sessions, they belong to Mexico and you are a meany.

Tucker is from San Diego no way he was talking about the hard shell taco variety!

It’s Lo Meinsraum. /runsaway

This reminds me of a quote from a cartoon I saw while taking care of my sister. IIRC It was something like: “We’re in New Jersey? Now we’ll never get good Chinese food!”

So you agree with the Univision rep and not Tucker? Because that’s what the Univision rep was saying was made America great. Different cultures intermingling into something great and new while Tucker was arguing that it was not and that tacos didn’t come from Mexico

When the Univision representative said what makes America great is our cultural diversity, Tucker started laughing and that’s not we’re, and said that Tacos are American.

I love Hispanics…they make the best taco bowls!

This is where the discussion dissolves into utter foolishness, and both sides of the argument perpetuate it.

Exactly. That’s why our diversity is such a critical asset.

1 Like

Did Tucker’s guest say that?

This is where in the discussion…utter foolishness is pointed out to the side that perpetuates it and is applied against them.

Tucker’s the perfect poster child for all of it. FOX should assign him to the topic exclusively.

“Tucker’s Taco Time”?

You misread.

I guarantee tucker eats a hard shell with shredded cheese over ground beef and thinks it’s a “taco”.

There are days where all of my meals come on a tortilla. Beyond having the obviously best breakfast tacos in the world, for $1.50-$2 I can wipe that memory of Mexico city from your brain with a trip through south and east Austin. Heck, I can probably find you a few of the same chef’s from Mexico City here.

I really wanted to see two idiots talk on TV about tacos and Jeff Sessions, and here was this thread.

Thanks, life.

Tucker does not have the demeanor, the wit, or the face for television.