Tsarnaev’s Attorneys Want Him Off Death Row. Here’s What They'll Argue

I’m sure that there are some that will not be deterred but I also believe that more will…than won’t. The problem is though…and we both know…it will never happen.

Lol it is a great movie. I love it.

But it is absolutely ridiculous.

Mainly because we decided, as a western society, that public executions are just a bit distasteful.

Supermax runs over 100k per year per prisoner and with his permanent disability and health issues probably easily double that in his case.

Death is the appropriate sentence for his crime and it should be expedited. Justice delayed is justice denied.

I know…and it isn’t anything I feel strongly about. I’m just making the point that…if?

There was a little bit of fun going on in front of the Court House while oral arguments were taking place inside. :smile:

I know this is hard to hear, but Wesley Snipes will never star in a major role again. His second wife I think is to blame. My old man told me before he left this ■■■■■■ world, the right woman can make you, the wrong one can break you.

I sincerely hope you’re wrong as I have really enjoyed his work.

Even when he’s played a bad guy he always, or almost always delivers a strong moral message with his roles that I’d like to think a lot of kids pick up on.

If the appeal is unsuccessful, can we schedule the execution for next week? That, I think, would alleviate everyone’s concerns.

1 Like

Go ahead and schedule it. At worst they have to cancel.

I’m being facetious. I enjoy Wesley Snipes’ acting. Even Blade was entertaining.

Cancel last transmission, I was thinking of Denzel Washington.

Snipes is OK but he’s not in Washington’s league.

It will likely be some time before this appeal is totally resolved.

And even once it is, there is still the inevitable habeas petiition that will consume additional time.

Unless a defendant entirely waives appeals, it is unrealistic to expect an execution less than a decade from final pronouncement of sentence.

Note that it is somewhat a faster time frame than a State case, as there are no State collateral appeals to deal with.

Except in Texas and Florida. :grinning:

Training Day is Denzel’s best work in my opinion.

As an over actor for sure. I think he was trying too hard but then i also think training day is a bit over rated despite epic performances.

I think his best work is fences and glory.

Glory is fantastic.

Broderick was great in that, too.

If anyone deserves the death penalty its tsarnaev
However im anti death penalty,its been used on innocent people to many times soo as far as im concerned it should be abolished and tsarnaev should spend the rest of his miserable life in supeermax

There should only be one method of execution and that involves walking up a set of stairs and having a stout rope tied around your neck.

1 Like

Even this guy?

It’s like trying to rope a pylon.