Tsarnaev’s Attorneys Want Him Off Death Row. Here’s What They'll Argue

Yeah…nobody sees brake lights from the cars ahead…amirite? Just stop my friend. You lost. :sunglasses:

No it really wouldn’t. Your insistence that your feelings and intuition are a better predictor of the outcome than the reams of data indicating there’s no relationship is the same reasoning used by liberals when they argue locally for gun control.

Why are you insisting on this analogy? There’s enough data on states that have (re)instituted the death penalty out there.

I’ll answer for you - the data doesn’t say what you want it to, so you’re digging into this incomparable situation.

Also, you’re using your rational brain to predict the decision process of an agitated person capable of murder. There’s great research out there on how terrible we are at predicting our own behavior in stressful situations; you’re predicting the behavior of a potential killer…

True. If he’s in solitary then he’s slowly going mad.

And like I said, I do t disagree with that.

But to put that into the context of my post, the “point” is to punish him worse.

Is punishing him worse, worth the cost? Which would be a LOT since he’s young and super max isn’t cheap.

To me it’s not.

Has is seriously deterred violent crime in the states that employ it?

The idea of public executions is an interesting one. Maybe if society decides to employ capital punishment then it should be mantatory viewing for all citizens of voting age so they can witness what the State does in their name.

Well we did use to do that.

You’re talking about an entirely different reaction.

Since all the states have all this data, how many executions have you ever witnessed? I’ve never seen or even heard of one being broadcast as a deterrent. Just because someone commits murder, does not mean they are irrational? Some do it for money or some other motivation besides they’re irrational. Some are just plain evil and they should witness the potential outcome of their evil choices…period.

He blew up men, women and children without compunction.

Do you think he’s agonizing over that?

Since it’s supermax its 23 hrs of isolation.

What else is there to think about.

The latest football score?

Your date tonight?

Nope. Why the ■■■■ you screwed yourself so badly?

He will never see anything but those 4 walls for the rest of his life.

Bet he won’t be carrying pressure cookers bombs that killed and maimed people in his next life.

Allan

Plain evil people will not be deterred by it either.

We know this.

You think a mobster needs to see an execution to have an idea what it’s like?

Uh televising it?

This isn’t revolutionary France.

It’s a good thing, else I’d be killing all sorts of people. Instead I just knit.

1 Like

You’re assuming that that ■■■■■■ has a conscience.

As long as Andrea Yates and Susan Smith are alive, no one should be executed.

Sorry I thought of this when you posted that!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That movie, while dumb, was pretty incredible in predicting the excesses of the “woke” movement.

Ha!

Have you listened to the “How did this get made” podcast episode on Demolition Man? Highly recommended!

Excuse me, sir? Dumb?

Perhaps you’re not astute enough to pick up on the social commentary of the seashells, nor attentive enough to have appreciated the subtlety of Denis Leary’s dialogue, nor learned enough to catch the Easter egg of Sandra Bullock’s Character’s name as a reference to Brave New World.

/s

That movie is ridiculous and definitely in ‘so bad it’s good’ territory.