Tsarnaev’s Attorneys Want Him Off Death Row. Here’s What They'll Argue

Some ropes might need to be stouter than others lol.

This guy escaped hanging in Washington State in 1994 due to his 400 pound weight. He successfully argued to a Federal habeas court that he was too fat to hang and that the attempt would result in his decapitation. In the end, he died after a long illness at age 51 in 2006. Sometime afterward, Washington switched to lethal injection.

Hanging is kind of tricky, particularly as American’s increasingly are fat asses. Too long a drop or too much a weight and you risk decapitation. Too short a drop and you risk death by strangulation rather than the desired death by broken neck.

Electrocution has generally fallen out of favor.

If this country can ever agree on a universal protocol, lethal injection seems the best option, though some protocols are clearly better than others.

I did quite a lot of research on the subject when Sadaam Hussein was hanged, and I remember reading about that 400 pound guy too. He and others who stand a good chance of decapitation can get a firing squad . That is my wish, along with much more stringent requirements to become eligible I might add. Texas has set a bad example in that area, though I support their effort to implement the policy overall.

Death by exlax would be ok too.

Great movie. I really didn’t like it until the end but that ending was a great message to send.

It’s faster than starvation, and withholding of water.

Just adjust the length of drop and it works out ok.

There’s actually a formula for it somewhere.

Yup, a very carefully crafted formula based on many trial and error hangings and medical science.

Might even get them down to weight of a hanging.

One piece of bread and quart of water twice daily should do the trick.

With a multi vitamin of course, wouldn’t want it to be cruel.