Trying to be objective

I was just thinking this- why not do something more covert as a way to get their attention without it being such a public provocation towards war.

Have you been paying attention to what is now going on? Iran has been united against us. Iraq is furious with us. Thousands of US troops are being sent into what is anticipated to be a war zone. All because Trump decided that instead of sanctions he’d assassinate a foreign government’s general in another foreign government’s country.

Try reading the “Consequences of Suleimnis’ Assassination” thread.

2 Likes

The CIA doesn’t do that anymore. because when you’re discovered, it’s worse than if you hadn’t tried it at all.

Why should we be gushing? Have we been searching for this person for 8 years? Did the President call for the capture of this person? Was there a “Wanted” poster put out?

Was there backlash over the killing of OBL? Nope.
Is there/will there be backlash over the killing of the general? Hopefully not, but am skeptical. Nothing like uniting a country together.

And Iran has now identified US soldiers and Pentagon as “terrorists”.

We should be proud. /s

Why should I have any emotions whatsoever about his death?

I guarantee you until Trump had him killed most Americans didn’t even know his name.

Trump himself mentioned Suleimani one time and one time only before this past week…when a reporter asked him on the campaign trail if he knew who Suleimani was.

Just FYI…

An Air Force MQ-9 Reaper drone is not a “pseudo military strike” it is an actual military strike.
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

Iraq is not furious with us. The vote taken was by only the Iran supporting members of their parliament.

1 Like

Oh, oh…you’re exposing the sheople with questions like that?

Do you never tire of building straw men. I did not present any false dichotomy.

You have presented your opinion as an absolute truth when you use the word “indeed”. What avenues that have proved effective with Iran to date to get what we need have been cut off?

The agreement we signed with them was working.

Even Trump said so at least one time.

But Obama made the agreement, so it had to be undone.

Facts matter like they were going to kill more Americans.

Under Trump we are safer, under Obama and the Democratic rule we were in danger because they paid this terrorist sponsored country billions.

If there is a world war 3 with Iran it will be funded by Obama.

Ill tell you why I do and it’s because I can finally put a face to the wounds I received in Iraq during the war and the deaths of my friends and soldiers.

You don’t know anyone from the war do you?

I know plenty…thank you very much.

Most of them are smart enough to know you don’t run foreign policy on emotion and desire for vengeance.

Well…not good foreign policy, anyway.

You’re good as long as you’re the last one standing?

Good foreign policy serves the nation’s best interests.

Sometimes that means the best fp choice doesn’t always yield immediate justice.

Like protecting the American people where ever they are.

Nope…sometimes that’s not true.

Except when the rockets being fire were paid for by Obama.

Are you sick yet

I have a slight cold but nothing really bad.