Trump's vendetta against Amazon is getting out of control

How familiar are you with the profitability of the post office?

1 Like

So the profitable portion that is Amazon should pay for you and I to send letters?

Please explain to me old school conservative? Can you be a “new school” conservative and a never trumpet too?

That’s a bit of it too, isn’t it? It isn’t just Bezos owning The Washington Post, it’s also fueled by a bit of jealousy.

NEVER Trumper?

hmmmmm

Certainly you can despise Trump. But NEVER Trump implies you prefer the alternative. The alternative was Hillary Clinton. So… I’m not so sure.

hmmmm
I guess you could be but you would be naive.

No, the alternative was a dozen other Republicans.

Conan feels better when he calls conservatives little libs when in actuality is just Conan not comfortable being so supportive of someone like trump! Makes him feel better…

1 Like

You’re didn’t explained what old school conservative is? So what is it?

Clinton would have chewed em up and spit em out.

I coulda sworn you guys hated big government.

You gotta be kidding me… OMG…

An old school conservative is normally a fiscal conservative.

Many of the new school conservatives aren’t conservatives at all. They’re concerned with social issues like same-sex marriage, putting Christian symbols in governmental facilities, de-emphasizing public schools and simply winning elections. So just republicans. They do like being called conservative though.

1 Like

that was all just a tactic to win elections.

Thanks for posting that. I wasn’t aware. There is no doubt that accruing for future employee benefits will increase your expenses but…it’s a true expense and it’s the right thing to do. It’s too bad that it took an act of Congress for them to do so. If only Detroit had done the same thing? Be aware thought that what we are discussing are two mutually exclusive events. The point is valid that the USPS temporarily has higher than average expenses while preparing for their employees futures but what’s being charge is a separate matter. How does the USPS rates compare to their competition? That’s what matters. I don’t know so I won’t comment but if it’s lower, how much lower is it? Is there room for a rate increase? If so, how much? If it did go up, what would be the projection of what would happen? These things need to be explored and quickly. “We” should not be subsidizing the profit of any company…especially one that is doing as much damage to so many small businesses with in the US.

It was a necessary expense from a time gone by. Now there are alternatives and this “expense” should be examined for waste, inefficiencies and ways to improve.

If the profit is partly derived due to an expense not being fully levied on the user receiving the benefit, yes.

I’m a work in progress.

Plenty…for Boeing, Martin Marietta…

The profit for ordinary citizens that foot that bill is in part, the very discussion “we” are having.

Like the NRA

Which is weird, because in many substantive ways, he’s been ineffective at actually “sticking it the libs!” That’s one of the ironies of the Trump presidency.