Trump's shrewd move on Immigration

Here’s an article explaining how Trump got the dems to start negotiating even when Nancy had told them not to “freelance” in negotiations with Trump.

" But in light of Trump’s substantial concession on Saturday, Democrats have little choice but to update their position. Pelosi and her lieutenants are also facing a potential uprising among centrists in their caucus to allow for a border-wall funding vote in order to end the shutdown."

" But by that time, other members of Democratic leadership had already started “freelancing” and exposing cracks in Pelosi’s no-talks armor. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), when asked by Fox’s Neil Cavuto whether he would vote for border-wall funding, conceded that “physical barriers are part of the solution.” A week earlier, Hoyer had insisted he would oppose such funding."

The next day, House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) offered to give Trump the $5.7 billion he requested for more border security as long as it wasn’t spent on the wall. “If his $5.7 billion is about border security,” Clyburn remarked, “then we see ourselves fulfilling that request, only doing it with what I like to call using a smart wall.”

I wonder if Nancy will scold them?

Interesting read.

The cracks are barely perceptible right now. They should grow after the Senate votes.

This part can not be overlooked. House Dems have him 5.7 billion and he refused. So this isn’t about better boarder secure. It’s about a wall.

How does this help your position?

By the way, people were forced to work without pay for about a month now as a negotiation tactic. Just wanna make sure we keep in context exactly what leverage the President is using.

1 Like

So far, the only Democratic representative to break with Pelosi on the shutdown is Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, who voted against the latest House proposal to re-open the government (because she did not want to vote for funding for ICE).

The funny thing about this is how it makes a mockery of the Conservative Entertainment Complex’ efforts to position Ocasio-Cortez as the new face of the Democratic Party. First she was blocked from every committee position she wanted and now she is totally out of step.

This article is about a “potential” split; probably not worth chilling the champagne yet.

You don’t stop people with drones…at least not unless they are weaponized.

I saw a freshmen dem from Orange county on Fox, saying she’s promised the wall and could work with Trump… That’s how she got elected…

1 Like

And Nancy.

Fake News!

Commerce Secretary Ross has made it clear that government employees can all get loans to cover their expenses. I presume they can pay the interest from the part time jobs they got to occupy themselves during the shutdown. So no problem at all.

3 Likes

They’ll be paid…

1 Like

She is the new face and the future. It’s demographics, but you don’t think the old guard (and I mean really old) is just going to rollover.

You’re right, you stop illegal immigration by not giving them employment opportunities.

2 Likes

Cal could help that by not giving them ID’s…

It’s good to see some dems will stand up to Nancy… Even if it’s only a tiny bit…

Trump shrewdly shut down the government for a month and counting to get the second ranking House Democrat to offer him half the money he could have gotten last year but not for a wall when it was for a wall last year. Brilliant negotiator.

2 Likes

I think the Democrats will define their faces and leadership Since you do not wish well to anyone who disagrees with you you have no basis choosing their leaders. AOC has been an invention of the Conservative Entertainment Complex; there is no other reason she stands out from other 1st year Congresspersons, including other Latin women

She has been clever about using social media and obviously she does not back down from a fight, but leadership should be earned, not awarded by hostile news media. In Trump, people mistook media savvy for political ability and we are all paying the price. A mistake I hope we are wise enough not to repeat.

so, then give him the money and call him stupid…

What’s IDS?

To many S’s… ID cards

You did? Could you please name her? Katie Porter certainly hasn’t “promised the wall.” LOL. So who is it? Or is this like one of those mythical girlfriends one meets at camp who live up in the Niagara Falls area?

1 Like